Maruti Suzuki has recently teased the 2021 Swift on their official social media handle via a video. Likewise, the company has also listed it on the official website. Well, this confirms that the updated hatchback will be available in India anytime soon. However, there are subtle changes that we have noticed on the all-new Swift and even excited to let you know.
- Maruti Suzuki has recently teased the 2021 Swift on its official social media handle.
- It is also listed on the company’s official website.
- The updated Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to come with a powerful 1.2L DualJet engine.
Updates: 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift
At the front, the all-new Maruti Suzuki Swift gets a redesigned front grille. This all-new grille now incorporates a honeycomb pattern instead of the horizontal slats. Also, the Suzuki logo is now bigger with a chrome strip sitting just below it and goes across the grille. The carmaker is also expected to offer new alloy wheels on the upcoming Swift alongside multiple dual-tone color schemes for that sporty appeal.
Inside the cabin, Maruti Suzuki has introduced several new features including cruise control and a redesigned instrument cluster. This updated instrument cluster now features an all-digital multi-information display.
Also, 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift will now get the idle start-stop system that will ultimately result in better fuel efficiency. Just like the other cars from the portfolio, the all-new Swift will also get Maruti Suzuki’s SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. It will now support Android Auto as well as Apple CarPlay.
The engine that will be powering the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift is a 1.2-litre DualJet petrol unit. It is capable of producing a massive 90HP alongside a peak torque of 113Nm. Meanwhile, it will be mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox. The engine that powers the current generation Swift is also a 1.2-litre petrol motor that produces 81.8BHP of power.
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios – Starting with the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios which is available with three engine options to choose from including petrol, diesel and turbo petrol. Also, these three engines return a class-leading mileage upto 26kmpl. The all-new Grand i10 Nios comes with a 5 seater layout with an ample amount of boot space. Hyundai also offers almost all the features including a wireless charging pad, projector headlamps, Hyundai i-Blue App, etc. among others.
- Ford Figo – Ford Figo is currently available with two engines on offer – a diesel as well as petrol. The diesel engine returns a claimed mileage of 24kmpl. However, safety is the major reason behind its large fanbase in India. The all-new Ford Figo with its best-in-class build quality offers six airbags for enhanced safety. Also, it is one of the only hatchbacks to get an auto-dimming IRVM.