Tata Motors has just announced the launch of their flagship SUV, the Tata Safari. Meanwhile, the Indian car manufacturer has launched the all-new SUV with an introductory price offer that ranges between Rs.14.69 Lakh to Rs.21.45 Lakh. Interestingly, there is a top-end variant called Adventure Edition which comes with an exclusive color scheme inside out.
- Tata Motors has recently launched the all-new Tata Safari in India.
- It comes with an introductory price tag ranging between Rs.14.69 to Rs.21.45 Lakh.
- The engine that powers Tata Safari is a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel unit.
Design and Exterior
Remember, Tata Motors introduced the OMEGA ARC platform recently on the Tata Harrier? Well, the all-new Safari is based on that same platform. Just because of this even the wheelbase of both the SUVs remains identical. However, this all-new offering is 63mm longer when compared to the Harrier. In terms of design, both the SUVs resemble each other at the front end except for the newly designed grille. However, the side profile and the tailgate make it look a lot more different from the original Harrier.
The 2021 Tata Safari comes with 2 kinds of seating layouts. The first one is a 6 seater layout that is distributed in a 2+2+2 manner. However, one can also opt for the 7-seater layout that comes with a bench seat for the middle row.
Interior & Safety Features
As we enter inside the cabin, the all-new Tata Safari feels more premium with that Oyster White upholstery alongside other two. However, features such as an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment display, 7-inch instrument cluster and multi-functional steering wheel remain similar to what the company offers on the Harrier. This updated infotainment system on the other hand now supports Android Auto as well as Apple CarPlay. Also, this list does not end here. There are several other features such as a 9-speaker JBL surround sound system, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, adjustable steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVM ambient lighting and electric parking brakes among others.
For enhanced safety of the occupants, the all-new Safari gets multiple safety features including six airbags, tyre pressure monitoring system, hill descent control, ABS with EBD and traction control.
Under the hood, 2021 Tata Safari gets a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It is capable of producing a massive 168BHP of power @ 3750 RPM and a peak torque of 350Nm @ 1750-2500 RPM. Currently, this powerful diesel engine is available with a 6-speed manual gearbox. Meanwhile, customers can also opt for the 6-speed torque converter for additional bucks.
Price List: 2021 Tata Safari
|Variants||Price (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)|
|XM AT||Rs.17.25 Lakh|
|XZ+ Adventure||Rs.20.20 Lakh|
|XZA+ Adventure||Rs.21.45 Lakh|
In India, the all-new Tata Safari will go head-on against the likes of MG Hector Plus and Mahindra XUV500. Want to know what its rivals have got to offer?
- MG Hector Plus – In terms of looks even the recently launched MG Hector Plus looks extremely modern. It is available with two engines on offer. The first one is a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that is capable of producing 141BHP of power and a peak torque of 250Nm. Also, there is a 2.0-litre diesel motor that churns out a massive 168BHP and 350Nm of torque. This way, MG Hector Plus offers its customers more options to choose from. Even the ride quality of the MG Hector Plus is superb for the Indian roads. When compared to the all-new Safari, it comes with a starting price tag of Rs.13.34 Lakh for the base variant. Meanwhile, the top-end variant of the Hector pLUS costs somewhere around Rs.19.43 Lakhs.
- Mahindra XUV500 – Mahindra is all set to introduce the next generation XUV500 in India soon. However, it is the current generation model of the XUV500 that will compete against the likes of the 2021 Tata Safari. Under the hood, it is powered by a 2197cc diesel engine that is capable of producing a massive 153BHP of power alongside a peak torque of 360Nm. Also, this diesel motor returns a mileage of 15.1 kmpl.