Hyundai Alcazar has been spied multiple times while testing on the Indian roads. The all-new Creta-based 7-seater SUV is all set to make its global debut on 6th April. Interestingly, Alcazar will be manufactured in the country itself. However, as per the sources, the Korean carmaker is also planning to export them as well.
The pre-booking for the upcoming SUV will start from somewhere around April or May. Meanwhile, the company is expected to reveal the price of the Hyundai Alcazar a month later just after the unveil.
- Hyundai has confirmed that the all-new Alcazar will make its global debut on April 6.
- It is basically a 7-seater Creta-based SUV that is expected to get the same engine on offer.
- The all-new Alcazar is also expected to get a 6-seater layout as well.
In terms of design, the upcoming Alcazar SUV will remain similar to the Hyundai Creta at the front. However, it will be featuring a new – tailgate, LED headlamps, bumper, rear spoiler and dual exhaust tailpipes as well. Also, the all-new SUV will remain bigger when compared to Creta in every aspect.
Inside the cabin, it will be available with either a 6-seater or a 7-seater layout. The 6-seater variant will be available with two captain seats in the middle row while the 7-seater Alcazar will get a bench seat for the same.
Feature-wise, it is expected to get a panoramic sunroof, wireless charging pad, large touchscreen infotainment system, ventilated seats upfront, auto-dimming IRVM and air purifier to name a few. Further, it will also be available with multiple safety features such as vehicle stability management (VSM), ABS, hill start assist and 6-airbags among other.
According to the sources, the all-new Hyundai Alcazar will draw its power from the same engines that are also available on the Creta.
Tata Safari has ruled the SUV market for many years. Meanwhile, it looks like that the all-new SUV is still popular among the new buyers as well. Sadly, the all-new Tata Safari is not available with a petrol engine. However, the 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor feels quite refined and fun to drive as well. Apart from this, it is available with a 6 and a 7-seater layout.
- Engine – 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel
- Power – 168HP
- Torque – 350Nm
- Price – Rs.14.69 Lakh to Rs.21.45 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)
MG Hector Plus
MG Motors has launched the 2021 Hector Plus with both diesel as well as a petrol engine. Apart from this, it is also available with a 6 as well as 7-seater layout. Well, this way both – the MG Hector Plus and Tata Safari seem to be a perfect rival to the upcoming Hyundai Alcazar.
- Engine – 1.5-litre (turbo petrol); 2.0-litre (diesel)
- Power – 141HP (turbo petrol); 168HP (diesel)
- Torque – 250Nm (turbo petrol) ; 350Nm (diesel)
- Price – Rs.13.34 Lakh to Rs.19.43 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi)