Kia has finally revealed the all-new K8 globally and it will be available for sale in South Korea by Q3 2021. The recently revealed sedan is introduced to replace the K7 which is also known as the Cadenza in the US market. However, Kia K8 will be available with all sorts of modern updates and will be featuring the company’s new logo.
HIGHLIGHTS: Kia K8
- Kia has finally revealed the all-new Kia K8 globally.
- The Korean carmaker has not revealed the exact power figures of the K8.
- It will be replacing the K7 (also known as the Cadenza in the US).
In terms of design, the all-new Kia K8 will be getting a sloping roofline, neatly designed grille, large air dams and LED headlights with DRLs. Also, what makes it look sportier are the chunky alloy wheels and dual exhausts.
Interior & Safety Features
The information related to the interior is still not confirmed. However, we expect the upcoming Kia K8 will get a 5-seater layout, wireless charging pad, large infotainment display with smartphone connectivity and steering mounted audio control among others. Also, the instrument cluster of the K8 will be an all-digital unit.
For enhanced protection of the occupants, the all-new sedan will feature multiple airbags, traction control, lane departure warning and emergency braking.
Engine & Powertrain
Kia has not even revealed the details regarding its powertrain yet. However, the engine that used to power the outgoing K7 was a 3.3-litre DOHC V6 unit. This engine was capable of producing a massive 290HP alongside a peak torque of 343Nm. Also, it comes mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Kia K8 is expected to enter the Indian market soon. However, Kia has not made any official announcement regarding its launch yet. Also, when launched here it will be competing against the likes of fifth-generation Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Verna among others. Let’s take a quick look at what the rivals have to offer.
- Honda City – Honda City now comes with either a 1.5-litre diesel engine or a 1.5-litre petrol engine. However, it comes with a price tag that starts at Rs.11.03 Lakh onwards (ex-showroom). Interestingly, even the fourth generation Honda City is still available for sale.
- Hyundai Verna – The all-new Verna was launched recently and it is available priced at Rs.9.11 Lakh onwards. It comes with three engines on offer including 1.5-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel and 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit. The updated Verna returns a mileage of somewhere between 17-25 kmpl depending upon the powertrain and driving style.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is only available with a 1.5-litre petrol engine that is capable of producing a decent 103.25BHP of power alongside a peak torque of 138Nm. Currently, it is available with both a manual as well as an automatic transmission. However, Maruti Suzuki is about to reintroduce the diesel engine soon.