- Land Rover has recently revealed the 2021 Discovery globally.
- The all-new Land Rover Discovery comes with 4 engine options.
- This will be the fifth-generation Land Rover Discovery in the global market.
Land Rover has revealed the 2021 Discovery globally. This will be the fifth-generation model of the Discovery. However, the British carmaker might launch the updated Discovery by 2021.
Design-wise, the 2021 Land Rover Discovery gets a revised – LED headlamps with DRLs, LED interconnecting taillights as well as bumpers. It will also get the dynamic swipe indicator. Meanwhile, the alloy wheels now range from 19-inches to 22-inches. Apart from this, the all-new Discovery is now based upon the Land Rover’s new offering Electronic Vehicle Architecture (EVA 2.0) platform.
Inside the cabin, the all-new Discovery comes with an 11.4-inch Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment system, a 12.3-inch all-digital instrument cluster, a revised center console, wireless charging pad, heads up display, etc. Meanwhile, the latest infotainment system gets Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Coming to the engine options, it now gets multiple powertrains with mild hybrid as optional, including –
- P300 – 2.0L with mild-hybrid (Produces 300PS and 400Nm).
- P360 – 3.0L with mild-hybrid (Produces 360PS and 500Nm).
- D250 – 3.0L with mild-hybrid (Produces 249PS and 570Nm).
- D300 – 3.0L with mild-hybrid (Produces 300PS and 650Nm).
Apart from this, Land Rover will also offer Terrain Response System, Intelligent All-Wheel Drive System and Adaptive Dampers for P300, P360 and D300 variants on the Discovery to enhance its off-road capability.
Recently, Land Rover has introduced its five-door Defender in India. Coming to the pricing, the pre facelifted Land Rover Discovery comes priced between Rs.75.59-87.99 Lakh. Thus, we expect the company to price the 2021 Discovery somewhere around this price bracket only.