Wait for the Skoda Kushaq is finally over as the Czech carmaker will be revealing the long-awaited SUV on 18th March. Also, the upcoming Skoda Kushaq is expected to come with a competitive price tag because of the localised components used in it. The company claims to have used around 93% of such components.
HIGHLIGHTS: Skoda Kushaq
- Skoda has announced that the Czech carmaker will reveal the Kushaq on 18th March.
- It will be available in India with 93% localised components.
- The all-new Skoda Kushaq will come with two engines on offer.
Design & Interior
Design-wise, the all-new Skoda Kushaq is expected to remain similar to what the concept looks like. However, there will be projector headlamps, large air dams and body cladding to make it look like a proper SUV. Skoda will be revealing the exact details about the Kushaq later but we expect it to come with a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system just like the Vision IN.
Skoda Kushaq is expected to come with two engines on offer. It will get a 1.0-litre TSI engine that we have also seen on the Rapid. Meanwhile, the other one will be a 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol motor. In terms of transmission, both engines will be available with a 6-speed manual gearbox. However, the automatic transmissions may vary depending upon the engines.
- Kia Seltos – Kia has already sold around 96,933 units of Seltos in India and it is emerging as one of the popular SUVs here. Also, the company has priced it in a competitive manner between Rs.9.89 Lakh to Rs.17.65 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Hyundai Creta – Hyundai introduced the second generation Creta to India recently and since then the all-new compact SUV is doing well in the Indian market. Currently, it comes with a price tag between Rs.9.99 Lakh to 17.35 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Nissan Kicks – The Japanese carmaker first introduced the Nissan Kicks in 2019. The compact SUV was launched to combat against the likes of Renault Captur and was priced between Rs.9.55 Lakh to Rs.14.65 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- MG Hector – MG Hector turned the tables with its launch as the compact SUV carried a lot of road presence with it. Currently, MG Hector comes with a price tag between Rs.12.89 Lakh to Rs.18.42 Lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Also, Volkswagen will soon launch the all-new Taigun in India which is expected to share its platform and powertrain with the Kushaq.