On Friday Godrej Agrovet reported a 29.65 percent increase in its consolidated net profit at Rs 109.59 crore in the 1 st quarter of 2020-21.
According to the regulatory filing, the company posted a net profit of Rs 77.58 crore in the same quarter a year ago.
In the April-June quarter of 2020-21 fiscal, consolidated net income declined to Rs 1562 43 crore From Rs 1712.80 in the same quarter last fiscal year.
The company reported a 14.5 percent increase in consolidated EBITDA at Rs 174.20 crore in Q1 June 2020. The filing said, expenses also remained 10.5 percent lo lower at Rs 1437.65 crore against Rs 1605.96 crore in the year-ago period.
For the quarter ended 30-06-2020, the company has reported a Consolidated sales of Rs 1550.01 Crore up 4.00 % from last quarter Sales of Rs 1490.35 Crore and down -8.75 % from last year same quarter Sales of Rs 1698.55 Crore
Key ratios indicating the financial performance of Godrej Agrovet ltd
- These ratios measure profit in relation to capital investment
- It is the ultimate measure of a company’s overall performance and productivity of capital employed
- Almost all the ratios have shown significant improvement since the last quarter, indicating company has effectively used the investment to generate profits.
- These 2 ratios help in analyzing the current assets and current liabilities of the company and its ability to discharge the day to day obligations
- It measures the extent to which the company has current assets to meet its current liabilities.
- Increase in these ratios reduces the risk of default
- The company maintains low debt to equity ratio, which indicates company is financing its growth using equity, reducing potential risk.
About Godrej Agrovet ltd
Godrej Agrovet Ltd., incorporated in the year 1991, is a Mid Cap company (having a market cap of Rs 8818.84 Crore) operating in Agriculture/Horticulture/Livestock sector. Godrej Agrovet Ltd is an Indian animal feed and agribusiness company. A highly diversified company backed by research and development. Godrej Agrovet is a market leader in poultry processing, animal feed, oil palm plantations, and Agri inputs business. The company belongs to one of the highly diversified Indian Conglomerate the Godrej Group. The Godrej group was founded by Ardeshir Godrej in 1897 with the manufacturing of locks.
Shares of the company closed at Rs 459 a piece on the Q1 result announcement day, that is Friday and on Monday the stock opened at significantly higher price Rs @473.