No GST on import of aircraft, its parts on lease

Must Read

Jharkhand polls for 81 constituencies from November 30 to December 20; counting on 23rd December

Addressing a press meeting today, Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora has announced the poll dates for Jharkhand Legislative assembly....

Congress forms six-member committee of AICC to review situation of NRC in Assam

In a bid to review the condition of Assam state after the implementation of the NRC exercise, Congress party...

Shiv Sena elects Eknath Shinde as party’s legislative leader; Sunil Prabhu appointed as chief whip of party

In a striking breakthrough, Shiv Sena elected senior minister Eknath Shinde as the party's legislative leader today. It has...

In order to analyze the impact of Goods and Services Tax(GST) on the aviation industry, the government has exempted the import of the aircraft, aircraft engines and its parts which were procured on the lease.

The aviation industry has asked for the relief from the government as it was facing a dual levy of 5% at the time of import and another 5% at the time of payment of lease rent, i.e. in total they were paying 10% extra amount to the government. Several times civil aviation ministry had raised concerns before the revenue department but there was no response from the another side.

On Sunday, the finance ministry said that the airlines would not have to pay GST on the import of aircraft and its parts if GST was paid on their lease.

Besides, airlines are awaiting a formal clarification on several other areas of concerns such as input tax credit not being available for economy class tickets and the movement of spares from one part of the country to another.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

SL polls: Voters asked not to take photos inside booths

Colombo, Nov 15 (IANS) The Election Commission (EC) of Sri Lanka has asked voters not to take photos or...

Bollywood actor Alia Bhatt backed fashion tech startup StyleCracker raises $2 million from AMJ Ventures

StyleCracker, a fashion tech startup, backed by Bollywood actor Alia Bhatt, has raised $2 million investment from AMJ Ventures, cited Mint. The firm StyleCracker will...

Abu Dhabi T10 kicks off with glittering opening ceremony

Abu Dhabi, Nov 15 (IANS) The Abu Dhabi T10 has burst onto the global cricketing scene with an explosive opening ceremony and concert at...

US Senators try to fast-track HK democracy bill

Washington/Hong Kong, Nov 15 (IANS) The US Senate has initiated an expedited "hotline" process to pass the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act,...

‘Ashiqui Mein Teri 2.0’: Himesh Reshammiya’s new version of his own super hit song is out; Check out

After the epic success of the song Teri Meri Kahani that introduced Ranu Mondal, the makers of the upcoming film Happy Hardy and Heer have released...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This