Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) has called applications for admission in class 11th. The registration starts today onward and will end by June 10th, 2019.
The applications have been invited from all districts against the vacant seats for various streams- Science, Commerce, Vocational and Humanities. stream. The students graced with NCC, Scout & Guides and Sports & Games will be given an additional preference.
All those students, who appeared in class 10th from a recognized board are eligible to apply for it.
The admissions for the same via the examination are likely to take place from May-June.
- Candidate’s selection will be based on the merit list of District. The number of students will be selected under various categories against various seats.
- A common merit list will be prepared at each state, after selecting the candidates against vacant seats.
- After the recruitment if still more vacancies exist, it will be filled from the state level merit list.
- Admission will be finalized on the basis of District merit list of the concerned Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- If the student, who have been selected and does not join then his seat will be filled from state level merit list.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
It is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of of Human Resource Development-Department of School Education and Literacy, Govt. of India. All the JNV schools are run under this Samiti.