Bishop Cotton Girls’ School holds one of the prestigious name in Bangalore in terms of quality education to the girls. “ Shaping lives, building future” is what the school believes in. It started in the year 1865 aiming for a better education system in India focusing on the girl child. The first Indian Principal to take charge of the grand legacy of the School was Mrs. CA (Acca) Joseph in July 1963. Since then, there was a tremendous growth in the school infrastructure and overall academic performance.
To impart a holistic education that:
- Nurtures the best in every individual
- Creates confident young women who can claim their place in industry, society and the body politic
- Balance academics with extra-curricular activities and sports
- Inculcates moral values, attitudes and habits that celebrate human dignity and equal opportunity
- Nurtures leadership, compassion and a sense of justice
- All for the greater glory of God and His creation
- Info-tech & Multimedia
- Lecture Hall
- Swimming Pool
- Resource Center
- Academic Levels:
- Co-curricular Activities:
- Fine Arts
- Club Activities
- Uniformed Services
- School Band & Choir
- School Prefects
The school not only takes the academic responsibility, but also ensures that every student participates in extra co-curricular activities to leverage their talent. They whole heartedly participate in the local, national and international fests bringing laurels to their respective teams and Management. The students are taught to respect religion and culture irrespective of it being a Christian School. The values of life are imbibed among the kids for their better future.
It gives an immense pride when we see these young girls walk confidently as though they were born to achieve. It is a great tool for women Empowerment and Bangalore is proud of hosting such quality schools, contributing the best to the education system.
Wishing all the students the very best in life!
St Marks Rd, Srinivas Nagar, Shanthala Nagar,