During the announcement of the Uttar Pradesh Budget 2019-20, the government has announced the proposal of ₹50 crore for setting up a medical university and also proposed ₹10 crore for setting up AYUSH University in the state. The Uttar Pradesh Finance Minister Rajesh Aggarwal presented the budget of ₹4.79 lakh crore on Thursday.
Earlier the budget that was presented was ₹21,212.95 crore, this year the budget is 12% higher than the previous one.
“Rs. 50 crore has been proposed in the budget to set up the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University in Lucknow. Similarly, Rs. 10 crore has been proposed for setting up an Ayush University in the state,” Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal said in his budget speech.
Another announcement was made, which made a provision of Rs. 26.57 crore to set up Sainik schools in the state. Another announcement was made which proposed a provision of Rs. 10 crores has been made to set up government inter colleges (both boys and girls) in the state.
Mr. Agarwal announced a number of new populist schemes, including “Kanya Sumangala Yojana” to raise health and educational standard of girls, “brighten their future and bring in a positive change in the thinking towards women.” An amount of Rs. 1,200 crore has been proposed for the Yojana.
Listed Below are the Budget Highlights:
- In order to encourage Sanskrit Education in the state, a budgetary provision of Rs. 242 crore has also been made to provide grant-in-aid to Sanskrit ‘pathshalas’ (schools).
- Rs. 30 crores have been reserved as a grant to aided Sanskrit schools and degree colleges.
- Rs. 908 crore was proposed for developing select district hospitals into medical colleges and Rs.907 crore was provided for various works of King George”s Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow.
- A provision of Rs. 25 crore has also been made for setting up of a satellite centre of KGMU-Lucknow in Balrampur district.
- A provision of Rs. 854 crore has been made for various works of the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Rs. 396 crore for various works of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute in Lucknow.
- The Rural Institute of Medical Sciences in Saifai has been provided Rs. 357 crore and Rs. 248 crore has been provided for the expansion and development of the Lucknow Cancer Institute.
- A budget provision of Rs. 18,485 crore was announced for the Samagra Shiksha scheme in the basic education department.
- Rs. 2,275 crore allocated for mid-day meal programme
- Rs. 500 crore was allocated to develop infrastructural facilities in primary and senior primary schools.
- Rs. 300 crore has been proposed for providing a pair of shoes, two pairs of socks and one sweater free of cost to each student of Class I-V in the schools run by the state basic education board.
- Rs. 40 crore has been given for the free distribution of uniforms to the students of primary and senior primary schools
- Rs. 5 crore proposed to setup primary and senior primary schools in ”Vantangiya” villages and Rs. 110 crore proposed for distribution of school bags in 2019-20.