This year CBSE (Central Board for Secondary Education) is bringing some frequent changes in its existing norms. Some instances are; providing relaxation to students with disabilities, mandating Art education for class Ist-XIIth, introducing AI as a skill subject in schools and to name a few.
Recently CBSE has released a new exam pattern for students studying in class Xth. This two-level exam pattern is already in consideration for class XII and now CBSE has decided to introduce it in class Xth as well.
The changes that have been brought are as following:
- CBSE has decided to conduct the Xth board exams of 2020 in two-levels-
- Earlier the students need to attempt a single exam of 100 marks but from now onward, the students first need to attempt an internal exam of 20 marks and if the student clears this exam then he will be eligible to attempt for main exam of 80 marks.
- The directions of two-leveled exams have only been given for the subjects of Math and English.
2. CBSE give students an option to choose for the mathematics exam difficulty level-
- The students will be given a choice to study easier mathematics version or tougher one.
- They need to decide between two, whichever they want to adopt but there is a condition; if a student chooses easy level of mathematics syllabus then he will not be given a choice to opt. mathematics as a major subject in higher level education.
- The current maths syllabus will be called ‘mathematics-standard’ while the easier version will be called ‘mathematics-basic.’
- This norm is yet to be circulated.
“This development is learner-centric and that the need for school-based internal assessment is increasing,” states CBSE.