In bygone days CBSE (Central Board of Education) has amended many changes in its existing curricula and also introduced many new initiatives to better the educational system of CBSE Board.
Recently CBSE has sanctioned a letter to all the parents of the students studying in the board. In the letter CBSE has mentioned the list of changes it has brought this academic session and assured them the board will now focus on skills-oriented learning.
List of initiatives introduced by CBSE this session
- Compulsory Art integrated education for classes Ist-XIIth.
- Mandatory sports period for classes IXth-XIIth.
- Introduction of new subjects like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Early Childhood Education and Yoga.
- Two-Level (internal and external) examination for class Xth in subjects of Mathematics and English.
- Choice given between standard and basic mathematics.
- Culinary Art for the students of classes VIth-VIIIth.
- Capacity Building programmes for teachers to improve educational level.
- Provides relaxation to students with disabilities.
CBSE Chairwoman, Anita Karwal while elaborating about compulsory periods of Physical Education and Yoga said, “There is evidence that physical activity leads to long lasting changes in brain wiring. Worldwide research has proven that the practice of Yoga reduces cortisol levels, thereby raising the immunity of the body.”
‘CBSE Shiksha Vani,’ a podcast has also been launched to provide information about the Board’s activities and directions or guidelines from time to time.