Delhi High court orders Delhi University to extend registration date and follow lat year’s eligibility criteria

Must Read

Sanju Samson to replace Shikhar Dhawan in T20 series against WI

Sanju Samson will replace injured Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan in the T20s series against West Indies starting from next...

Supreme Court lashes out on Centre & Delhi govts for Rising Pollution

The Apex Court of the Country, the Supreme Court on Monday lashed the Central and State Government for their...

Harbhajan Singh wishes BCCI Prez Sourav Ganguly to change Selection Panel

The Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Monday urged Sourav Ganguly, President of BCCI (The Board of Control for Cricket...

Delhi High Court yesterday while hearing the pleas filed against the last moment changes in eligibility criteria of university admission by DU has instructed its final order.

The Delhi HC has directed DU to extend its admission registration date till June 22nd, 2019. Earlier the registrations were to get over on June 14th, which were commenced form May 30th.

Though, the cut-off list, which was declared to be released on June 20th can be extended till June end.

“We will have to study order and make changes to the portal and other systems in place. The first cut-off was to be released in June 20th but it will now most likely come out by June 29th and 30th. This would mean that the admission process will be delayed by 10 days,” an official said.

The High Court directed Delhi University and the University Grants Commission (UGC) to allow students to apply for admission to undergraduate (UG) courses at the varsity for current academic session based on the eligibility criteria of 2018-19.

The students, who gave up their hopes for admission in DU can now be revived and register for the admission according to last year’s eligibility criteria.

The order by the bench of Justices Anu Malhotra and Talwant Singh made it clear that the changes in eligibility criteria have to be made in accordance with law, “which would require a minimum of 6 months of public notice to the public at large.”

Out of total 3.31 lakh, 2,34,000 candidates have paid their fee. Only candidates, who have paid their fees will be allowed to continue in admission process.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Ghulam Nabi Azad calls CAB bill “totally unconstitutional”; says Congress will oppose bill in Rajya Sabha

Speaking on the issue of the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019, Rajya Sabha member and senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi...

Lok Sabha passes Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty-Sixth Amendment) Bill, 2019, Unanimous decision extends reservation for SCs & STs for 10 years

Lok Sabha cleared the bill for the extension of reservation for SCs (Scheduled Castes) and STs (Scheduled Tribes) on Tuesday for the next 10...

Tejashwi Yadav iterates party’s stand to oppose CAB bill, accuses Bihar CM Nitish Kumar of betraying people of Bihar by supporting bill

Airing his views public for the first time on the recently passed Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Tejashwi Yadav announced his party's...

Raghuram Rajan suggests 11 point approach to revive distressing Indian economy

Former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan warned that sectors of India’s economy are “ticking time bomb”. A term coined by famous author Eduardo Galeano in...

YES Bank to consider Citax offer of $500-mn investment; Erwin Braich’s offer also under discussion

The board decided in the meeting that the final decision for the allotment to Citax Holdings and Citax Investment Group will follow in the next board meeting
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This