Delhi nursery admissions application is set to begin on December 15 with the schools making their criteria public on Friday. According to a notification released by the Directorate of Education (DoE), “The nursery admission process will be conducted for approximately 1,600 private schools in the national capital”.
Some of the criteria for admission are distance of student’s residence from school, sibling quota, parents being alumni of the school, single child, first child etc..
The last date of submitting application forms for nursery class admission for 2019-20 session is January 7, 2019.
Twenty-five per cent seats in pre-school, pre-primary and Class 1 will be reserved for economically weaker sections/disadvantaged groups (EWS/DG).
The directorate had earlier instructed all private schools to upload their criteria (with points for each criterion) for admission in open seats, on its official website by December 14.
However, no schedule of EWS admissions has been released yet.
The government has also set an upper age limit of less than four years to be eligible for nursery, less than five years for kindergarten, and less than six years for admission to Class 1.
The proposal for an upper age limit was challenged in court last year. Though a Delhi High Court order last year had allowed the imposition of the upper age limit, the DoE had decided that the order will be applicable only from 2019 academic session.
Moreover, AAdhar is no longer mandatory for the admission process.The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has asserted that schools cannot refuse admissions to students for lack of Aadhaar and term denial on such grounds as ‘invalid’.
Schedule for Delhi nursery admission 2019:
- December 15, 2018- Application process begins
- January 7, 2019- Last date of submission of application forms in schools
- January 21, 2019- Uploading details of children who applied to the school for admission under Open Seats:
- January 28, 2019- Uploading marks (as per point system) given to each of the children who applied for admission under open seats:
- February 4, 2019- First list of selected children (including-Waiting List along with marks allotted under point system) will be displayed
- February 5 to 12, 2019- Resolution of queries of parents, if any (by written/email/ verbal interaction) regarding allotment of points to their wards in the first list
- February 21, 2019 – Second list of children (including Waiting list along with marks allotted under point system) will be displayed
- February 22 to 28, 2019- Resolution of queries of parents, if any (by written/email/ verbal interaction) regarding allotment of points to their wards in the second list
- March 15, 2019- Subsequent list of admission, if any
- March 31, 2019- Admission process closes
List of documents required for nursery admissions:
- Print out of the online application form
- Two photographs
- Self-attested copies of date of birth
- Sibling certificate
- Proof of alumni
- First child
- Residential proof
- Documentary proof for EWS category
- Application under school staff quota
- Special needs category
- Single parent (proof)