Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi are the two institutions which made it to the top 100 list of Global University Employability Rankings,2018. The global employability ranking, designed by HR consultancy Emerging, and published by Times Higher Education (THE), lists the top 150 institutions worldwide for employability, based on a global survey of around 7,000 recruitment and international managers from major businesses.
The important takeaways are-
- The Harvard University topped the list switching places with the California Institute of Technology.
- The California Institute of Technology stood second this time.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology ranked third.
- The University of Cambridge stood fourth.
- Stanford University was placed fifth scaling two positions this year.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) secured the 28th position rising by one position, being the only Indian university among top 50.
- IIT-Delhi was ranked 53rd, soaring from being 145th last year.
- IIM-Ahmedabad stood at 144, thereby making to the list of the top 150 institutions globally. Simon Baker, Data Editor at ‘Times Higher Education’, said “India’s performance in the employability ranking has been somewhat inconsistent since the list was first launched in 2011. It still only counts three universities in the top 150, suggesting it’s struggling to make the reputational ground with employers that some other Asian nations have achieved.”