Educational institutes need to focus on reviews
When shopping, it’s proven that seeing reviews from other customers is very important.
The average consumer spends 13 minutes and 45 seconds reading reviews before making a decision. 82% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses, with 52% of 18-54-year-olds saying they ‘always’ read reviews.
You are trying to attract and engage with this internet-savvy target audience. So, along with course, curriculum, alumni and placement information, your target audience is also looking at reviews from other students.
Delving into the world of recommendations
Gone are the days when people would learn about the courses you offer through word of mouth, experiences and recommendations from friends, colleagues and family. Potential students check online ratings when deciding where they’ll study.
Having access to the internet and lots of information, students are more likely to make a decision based on the information they can get their hands on. And, people are often brutally honest while writing reviews. Reviews have the power to attract and drive away students.
How you can combat negative reviews
It is easy to think that having a proper review system will demonstrate the quality of your educational institute and your standards of teaching and education. But in reality, how do you get reliable reviews?
For starters, knowing that you may be losing out on potential students because they are blindly believing reviews and recommendations is key. There are three primary reasons influencing their decision making:
- Promising high-quality education and not delivering it
- Not providing industry-relevant skills and hands-on training
- Issuing unrecognized and unverifiable course completion certificates
Getting reliable reviews benefits your institution
Irrespective of whether you’re an academic institute or a corporate training firm, reliable reviews from an established organisation will help you deliver your message and gain the trust of your potential customers.
It will give applicants a clearer reason why a particular institute or course offered is worth their attention and time.
Promoting this thought and practice is Certif-ID. It connects educators with world’s leading review organizations like TÜV Rheinland, helping them get reviewed and receive strategies to improve organisational performance.
In addition to third-party reliable reviews and improvement strategies, Certif-ID also acts like a skill-building community. It brings students, educational institutions and recruiters together on one platform.
- As an educator, you can use this platform to list courses, manage training batches and issue globally recognised, digital certificates placed on blockchain technology – reinforcing trust amongst students, alumni and recruiters.
- Why issue globally recognised, digital certificates placed on blockchain technology? Certificates issued via the Certif-ID platform are tamper/fraud-proof. It contains a QR code and an unalterable link, making it easy to verify. Also, on Certif-ID you can customise your certificates as per your needs.
- Your students can create an attractive profile, called SkillPass, to showcase and share their skills. They can plan their career and bolster their job applications with the SkillPass.
- When your students share their digital certificates or SkillPass with a higher educational institute, recruiter or the world at large, it will strengthen your institute as a trustworthy brand and establish your brand as a leader
Reviews. Improvement strategies. Globally recognised certificates. Batch management tools. Effective data analytics. You can get all this and more on Certif-ID.
A recent example: Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) embraces Certif-ID
Recently, ASDC deployed Certif-ID to recognise and track their student’s potential, performance and progress. They replaced time-consuming manual processes for certificate issuing and verification with automated, secure digital certification processes. A prime reason for ASDC to choose Certif-ID is that it is built on blockchain, ensuring to protect their brand against counterfeit and fake certificates.