The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has announced to organize an online competition on ‘Engineering Technologies’ for students of polytechnic colleges in Tamil Nadu.
IIT Madras has collaborated with Capgemini, an international IT firm, to host this event across the state. The last date for submission of entries in competition is August 21.
The competition is named as “IDEA SPARK” which will seek innovative ideas curated by students in the field of modern engineering practices which are being taught in polytechnic institutes.
The primary aim of IIT Madras behind this competition is to empower the farmer and artisanal communities. The competition will help to promote engineering technologies which are applicable among this fields.
The competition is being coordinated by the Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CSIE) at IIT Madras. While Capgemini will provide the online platform and resources for this process.
The CSIE centre is especially dedicated for teaching and research practices based on the social enterprise in India. The centre is funded by Alumni of IIT Madras to host this competition.
Prof. R Nagarajan, The Project Coordinator for CSIE at IIT Madras, about the competition said that it is an unique initiative which focuses on promoting social and entrepreneurship ideas.
The concept of IDEA SPARK competition has proved to be very successful in past years and have inspired many college students to discover their creative and innovative capabilities, Prof. Nagarajan added.
As per the rules of IDEA SPARK competition;
- Only second and third-year polytechnic college students from Tamil Nadu are eligible to participate.
- Students must participate in a group of 4.
- There is no limit on number of groups or ideas participating from a particular institute.
- The institute will not accept ideas based on IoT, IT & AI.
- Interested students can submit their ideas on the IDEA SPARK page of CSIE’s official website.
- The institute will award a prize money of Rs. 50,000 each for top two innovative ideas.
- Each student group will receive a certificate of participation.