Two days International Conference on Asia’s Development Experience 21st century is being organised in Patiala.
To discuss and formulate public policy issues faced by the various Asian countries, a two days international conference is being organised by the Punjabi University on June 11th and 12th, 2019.
It is being organised by the Centre for Development Economics and Innovation Studies (CDEIS), Planning Commission Chair, Department of Economics, Punjabi University Patiala in collaboration with Association of Asia Scholars (AAS), New Delhi.
In recent years Asia has emerged the most dynamic region of the global economy. During the last 50 years, Asia has undergone a substantial and multidimensional transformation.
This transformation has generated opportunities but has also created new challenges that need to be tackled for maintaining its advantage in the global economy.
The experts from various Asian countries including Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and various states of India are participating to discuss the theme threadbare.
The prominent scholars of Asian Studies includes
- Dr. Ram Kumar Phuyal- Member of National Planning Commission, Government of Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Professor K J Joseph- President, Globlics
- Professor Leonardo- Lanzona, Ateneo De Manila University, Phillippenes
- Professor Takahiro Sato, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
- Professor Sanika Sulochani Ramanayke, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Professor N.R Bhanumurthy, NIPFP, New Delhi
- Professor Dinesh Abrol, JNU, New Delhi
- Professor Lailufar Yasmin, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
These prominent bodies are gathered to present their research on the theme and the policy document will be developed to be circulated to various governments of the Asian countries.