NCERT has taken an initiative to employ fresh young educationalist researchers who have done their Ph.D. on a topic related to school academia but still have not got regular jobs. As per the scheme which is named ‘NCERT Research Associateship (Educationists’/Researchers’ Pool)’, eligible candidates will have a chance to contribute and gain experience in their relevant area pertaining to school education. The scheme has been designed on the lines of Senior Research Associateship (Scientists’ Pool Scheme) of the CSIR.
- The candidate should have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in any subject area related to school education or other allied disciplines (e.g. researches having implications for school education) from a recognized university as on the date of application.
- The candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the date of application (relaxable as per Government of India norms).
- The candidate should not be employed on the date of award of associateship.
- Candidates who are selected will be sent an offer and they will have to send an acceptance of the offer within three weeks. After acceptance, the offer will remain valid for a period of three months.
- The tenure of Associateship is fixed for one year and a maximum of two years, extendable further for a period up to one year at the discretion of the Director on the recommendation of the Head/PI concerned.
- The tenure will be terminated as soon as the Associate gets employment.
- Selected candidates will be paid Rs. 35,000 per month.
The application should be sent within a month from the publication of the advertisement, in prescribed format, to Head, Division of Educational Research, NCERT, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110 016 either by post or through E-mail ([email protected]). Candidates can check the detailed information on the NCERT website.