NEET Counselling 2020 would begin soon for the 15% All India Quota seats. Ahead of the release of schedule, MCC has released an important notice in regards the category options. Candidates who have earlier applied under Indian/Others category and now wish to apply under NRI Quota may change their status to that of NRI. Documents needed to change category and process is explained in the official notice released by mcc.nic.in.
Candidates interested in doing so are required to submit relevant documents and email them to [email protected] This is in accordance to the Supreme Court order in the case W.P. (C) No. 689/2017-Consortium of Deemed Universities of Karnataka (CODEUNIK) and Anr Vs. Union of India. As per the orders, all such candidates are to send the relevant documents in support of their claim to change in nationality to the above mentioned email address latest by 10 am on October 23, 2020. List of documents needed for the same are provided below.
Documents Needed for change to NRI Quota NEET 2020:
- Document claiming sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer)
- Relationship of NRI wish the candidate as per the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India order dated August 22, 2020 (attached in official notice here)
- Duly notarized affidavit from the sponsorer that he/she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate
- Embassy certificate or certificate from the Consulate of the sponsorer
- NEET Score Card of the candidate
Apart from these, MCC had also released the notification for the CW Category entitlement/ concession for students applying for the 85% Delhi Quota/ 85% Internal Quota of Central institutes for MBBS, BDS admissions in University of Delhi, Central Institutes of VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital and ABVIMS & RML Hospital. Students are advised to view the official notice here.
As for the All India Quota Counselling schedule, MCC is likely to announce the same by end of this week or next week. Admissions process is expected to begin from November 1, as per the various reports. More updates would be provided once available.