The Indian Wire » Education » NEET-UG 2017 Results, Counselling : All you need to know
Education News

NEET-UG 2017 Results, Counselling : All you need to know

Check all the information about the NEET 2017 counselling for various quotas. Learn cutoff for NEET 2017 and also various quota seats.

CBSE finally declared the NEET-UG 2017 result yesterday. With about 11,38,890 applicants’ result being announced, the number registered is 70% more than NEET-I, 2016 and 139.37% more than NEET-II, 2016. Being a national level medical entrance exam, medical aspirants must attempt this to secure admission in MBBS and BDS courses in government and private medical and dental colleges.

About NEET-UG 2017

This year, 6,11,539 students have been qualified of the entire batch. Of this, 2,66,221 were male aspirants while 3,45,313 were females. The examination was conducted on May 7 and has, ever since, been in a whirlwind of controversies.

A young blood from Punjab, Navdeep Singh, has secured All India Rank I with 697 marks and 99.999908  percentile. He is followed by Archit Gupta at AIR II with 695 marks and 99.999725 percentile and to secure AIR III is Manish Mulchandani Male. Both AIR II and AIR III are from Madhya Pradesh.

NEET-UG Counselling for Qualifies Aspirants

The qualified aspirants are now supposed to complete further formalities with counselling authorities viz Director General of Medical Services, Medical Education Directorate of States etc. for admission to MBBS/BDS courses. According to the information available on Medical Council of India & Dental Council of India websites, about 470 medical colleges and 308 Dental colleges will take part in the official admission process.

DGHS to undertake counselling for AIQ seats:

Director General of Medical Services (DGHS) will be undertaking NEET counselling for 15% All India Quota undergraduate MBBS/BDS seats. The schedule for counselling will soon be released by Medical Counselling Committee. The states will be following the action soon as well.

The distribution of seats in Medical Colleges in a particular seats counts 85% for native students and 15% for AIQ students from other states.

Qualified aspirants can check the list of all participating medical colleges here.

State Government undertaking State-wise Counselling

With 15% already reserved as AIQ seats in all medical colleges, state counselling is left with the remaining 85% seats in government and private institutions, including those run by religious and linguistic minorities affiliated by state universities.

Counselling will be processed in two phases indicating that the seat allotment will happen twice.

Why Counselling?

Counselling is strongly recommended by MCI and DCI because it is the way via which medical aspirants can get to the best institution they can according to their rank.

Reach out to The Indian Wire!

Want to work with us? Looking to share some feedback or suggestion? Have a business opportunity to discuss?

You can reach out to us at [email protected] and we will get back in minutes.

Like us on Facebook!

Advertisement