A good news for the students studying in class 9th and 10th, the PSEB (Punjab School Education Board) has revised the syllabus of Computer Science. This has been done in pursuit to underburden the hectic course.
The board has reduced some difficulty level and lengthy topics, which the students were “studying unnecessarily” as mentioned in the official statement released.
Computer Science is a compulsory subject for the students of class 6th-10th but the syllabus they are studying is way too difficult according to their learning capacity. According the school teachers, who told The Indian Express that some of the topics that are being taught to the students are of class 12th and graduation level.
- Number groups
- Changing chart type
- Pivot table
- Analysis in MS Excel
- Entity and its Attributes
- Entity Relationship Diagram
- Database Object in Database Management System(DBMS)
- Home schooling programme record in office tools
- History of HTML
- Difference between cell spacing and cellpadding
- Difference between container and empty tag
- Types of links
- Cascading style sheet in HTML
- Architecture in operation systems
- Modernisation of dekstop publishing
- Catalogue and paper folding project in Microsoft Publishing
“We received feedback from teachers that students, especially in rural areas, were facing difficulty in some topics. Class 9th students faced major problems in MS-Excel. For class 10th, the HTML courses had some unnecessary topics,” said a teacher part of the constituted committee Mohali.
The updated syllabus will be applicable for final exams in 2019-20.