Jaipuria Group of Educational Institutions organised Dr. Rajaram Jaipuria Memorial Lecture at Dr. B.R Ambedkar International Convention Centre, New Delhi yesterday.
The lecture was delivered by Honorable Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu. Alongwith the President few other prestigious personalities were present at the lecture like prominent leaders from Business, Academia and other walks of life besides the faculty and students.
The event was commenced with chanting of Vedic Hyms by students of Bhartiya Chaturdham Ved Nyas Institution at Prayagraj.
Shri Saket Jaipuria, Vice Chairman of Jaipuria Group of Educational Institutions, delivering his welcome speech said, “The genesis of the Jaipuria groups educational ventures and the contribution of Dr. Rajaram Jaipuria in spreading the light of education sustainability during his life time carrying a legacy forward.”
The theme of the lecture was “Education, Entrepreneurship and Ethics.” Shri Shishir Jaipuria, Chairman, Jaipuria Group of Institutions said, “The memorial lecture is inspired by the life experience and teachings of Dr. Rajaram Jaipuria.”
“He had a long futuristic vision, great entrepreneur, who practiced ethical values and succeeded in simultaneously running a large industrial empire and creating educational institutions of excellence,” he added further.
M. Venkaiah Naidu during his speech covered some quintessential points in his speech-
- Vice-President encouraged the people there to choose their public representatives on the basis of four C’s- Character, Caliber, Capacity and Conduct.
- He expressed his displeasure over diminishing values in public life and referred to increasing trend of changing party loyalties by politicians.
- He urged educational institutions to focus on skill-literacy for India’s demographic advantage.
- He want every technical institute to have an interface with the industry to give exposure to students about the requirements of employers.
- He also observed that the time has come for India to re-establish itself as a knowledge and innovation hub.
The Vice President showed gratitude towards being part of the occasion and concluded the speech, saying “Let me congratulate the Jaipuria Group of Educational Institutions for organising this Memorial Lecture in the name and memory of great Industrialist, Educationist, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist and above all a great human being.”