Great lakes,a management institute placed in Chennai and Gurgaon, held its convocation ceremony in its Chennai campus yesterday on (21st May, 2019).
While addressing the students and the faculty members he pointed out some relevant topics that the students should mind in their near future. He said, “India has emerged as an attractive destination for global investors and asked educational institutions to maintain high standards and foster academic excellence.”
#Highlights from the Speech
- There is a need to remove economic imbalances, urban-rural divide, end gender and social discrimination and end the prestige of all the institutions including the Supreme Court, CAG, CVC, EC, Parliament and State Legislatures.
- Describing the elections as ‘Festival of Democracy,’ he complimented the Election Commission for conducting the stupendous exercise in a peaceful and orderly manner.
- Advised the graduating students to respect their alma mater and always act to enhance its reputation.
- Also advised the students to not neglect their parents, mother tongue, native place, motherland and Guru. He said, “Taking care of fellow human beings is nationalism and not merely saying Vande Matram or Jai Hind.”
- Today India is one of the world’s fastest growing economies and has become the second largest global hub for start-ups.
While concluding his speech he added, “Learn thoroughly all that is to be learnt and what is even more important is to live true to that learning. Sustaining the culture of innovation and enterprise in a fast changing technological environment is a challenge for management education. Up-skilling, re-skilling, learning and adopting the best practices are key elements for individual growth.”
About Great Lakes
The University was founded in the year 2004 by Dr. Bala V Balachandran with an aim to provide quality education in an affordable cost and build human capital for emerging economies.