Whistling Woods Intenational’s School of Media and Communication organised a programme in their campus named ‘Saksham 2019.’ The programme has been introduced as much anticipated social change initiative.
Highlights of the programme ceremony:
- Blood donation drive held in conjunction with Kokilaben Dhirubai Ambani Hospital.
- Dental camp and consultation for attendees organised by Orthosquare Dental Clinic.
- Organised an eco-bazaar promoting NGOs and and their businesses involved in substantial products and lifestyle.
- Clay modelling and ceramic design workshop conducted by Vanmala Jain, who is a graduate from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
A panel discussion was held to commemorate the annual gala on ‘Credibility and Role of the News media in the Age of Fake News’. Rahul Puri, Head of Academics, WWI, moderated the session and acknowledged the audience about the perils of false information disseminated through traditional and new age media platforms.
Guest attended the panel discussion:
- Vikram Mehta- Corporate Affairs and Communication industry expert
- Pankaj Jain- Founder of fact checking website SM Hoax Slayer
- Sahil Joshi- Editor and Bureau Chief of TV Today Network
- Alpana Killawala- Former Principal Advisor, Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
“The threat posed by fake news is ever-present and demands our constant vigilance. If we are to preserve the fabrics of our nation and uphold our diverse heritage and traditions, it is more important than ever before that we exercise our judgement and common sense when consuming media,” said Rahul Puri.
On concluding the event he added, “We are proud to have WWI join this fight through Saksham 2019 and raise our voices for truth and accuracy in India’s media landscape.
Whistling Woods International Institute of Film, Communication and Creative Arts is one of the best film institutes in India. The institute is based in Mumbai and the Founder of WWI is a great recognizable Director Subhash Ghai.