Veteran actor Alok Nath who was considered “sanskari” by Bollywood, landed into controversy last year when producer-writer Vinta Nanda accused him of raping her years ago. Soon after that, Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) expelled him after a no-show at a meeting held on November 12. However, the actor denied all the allegations made by Vinta Nanda and even filed a defamation case against her on October 15, 2018.
Now, Alok Nath is said to be the part of a film titled #Main Bhi (#MeToo in Hindi) based on #MeToo movement and sexual harassment. When Mirror contacted the 62-year-old actor, he confirmed the news, saying, “I’m not doing any films at the moment. This was something I shot for a while ago.”
He added, “Is there a problem? You sound sad that I’m doing a film. It’s a puny role for poor producers, let it release.”
One of the lead actor Khalid Siddiqui told that Alok Nath is playing the role of a judge, who at the end of the film, gives a speech about how molestation is wrong. He added, “The film deals with child molestation, a subject that hasn’t been tapped on screen often, particularly with regard to boys. My character, along with the other, are affected by incidents that change our lives. We hope the film starts a debate on the subject.”
The film is directed by Nasir Khan and also stars Sonali Raut as the female lead along with Shawar Ali and Imran Khan. Veteran actors Mukesh Khanna and Shahbaz Khan will play the lawyers.
Vinta Nanda was not the only one to accuse Alok Nath, other actresses like Sandhya Mridul, Himani Shivpuri and Deepika Amin also came out with similar allegations against the actor, sharing their distress.