The curious minds are stepped into the future but it has been noted that the history of the past footprints followed us. The History never dies but it braces it again and again. Today, we will be going to show you the 10 Bollywood period film that honors the history of India and the echoes still remind us the golden and the struggling times
The list of those ten movies are as follows:
1. Bajirao Mastani: The movie ‘Bajirao Mastani’ is an Indian epic historical romance movie. The movie which was directed by the Sanjay Leela Bhansali and has been produced by the Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Kishore Lulla under the production house Bhansali Production Eros International. The movie features Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Tanvi Azmi in the lead. The music in the movie has been given by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The movie which got released on December 18, 2015. The movie which is based on the Marathi novel ‘Raau’ by the Nagnath S. Inamdar. However, the movie has been narrated by the story of the Maratha Peshwa Bajirao which is between the 1700 – 1740 AD and his second wife Mastani. The director of the movie Sanjay Leela Bhansali announced the movie in 2003but due to the delayed in the production several times due to its changing cast. Before starting up the movie Sanjay Leela Bhansali did a lot of research and before the pre-production which is required the creation of twenty two highly detailed sets and in the movie there was a numerous costume and there were props to strengthen its opulence and the high production value. The principal photography was done on the sets constructed in the Film City with some of the major portions which were being filled on the locations.
2. Mohenjo Daro: The movie which is an Indian epic romantic adventure film which is written and directed by the Ashutosh Gowariker, However, the movie has been produced by the Siddharth Roy Kapur and Sunit Gowariker. The movie has been written by Preeti Mamgain. The movie features Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hedge, and Kabir Bedi in the lead. The music in the movie has been given by A.R Rahman. The movie got released on August 12, 2016. The movie is based on the ancient Indus Valley civilization and there is even a city called Mohenjo-Daro it is a UNESCO World Heritage site, which has been located in the Sindh, Pakistan. The movie which has been set in the 2016 B.C and that too at the height of the Indus Valley Civilization. However, the story of the movie follows a farmer whose name is Roshan and he travels to the city of Mohenjo Daro and there he falls in the love and that too with a high-status woman with a name Hegde and then he challenges the city’s elite and then they fight against the overwhelming odds to save the civilization. For the movie, Ashutosh Gowariker did the research for three years and then he develops the script. The movie has been shot in Bhuj and Mumbai with the brief schedules in the Bhedaghat,m which is in Jabalpur and Thane.
3. Indu Sarkar: The movie ‘Indu Sarkar’ is a 2017 Indian political thriller film which has been co-written, co-produced and directed by Madhur Bhandarkar. Even the story of the movie has been written by Madhur Bhandarkar. The movie features Kriti Khulari, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Supriya Vinod, Anupam Kher, and Tota Roy Chowdhury in the lead. The music in the movie has been given by the Anu Malik and Bappi Lahiri. The movie which got released on July 28, 2017. The movie which has been set up in the period of the emergency in India that is in the 19-month long period from 1957 to 1977 generally at that time when there was a state of emergency across the country.
4. Rag Desh: The movie ‘Rag Desh’ is an Indian period drama movie which has been directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia and has been produced by Gurdeep Singh Sappal. The movie was written by Pramod Singh and Tigmanshu Dhulia. The movie features Kunal Kapoor, Amit Sadh, Mohit Marwah, Vijay Verma, Mrudula Murali, Kenny Basumatary, Hikaru Ito, Jatin Singh Kindra. The music in the movie has been given by Rana Mazumder, Siddharth Pandit, Revant, and Dharma Vish. The movie which is based on the Indian National Army trials, it is the joint court-martial of the India National Army officers.
5. Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India – The movie Lagaan is an epic story-drama film which is directed by the Ashutosh Gowariker and produced by the Aamir Khan and Mansoor Khan and the story of the movie is written by Abbas Tyrewala. In the movie Aamir Khan stars along with the Gracy Singh and with the British actor Rachel Shelly and Paul Blackthorne who played the supporting roles. The movie has been shot in the ancient village which is near to Bhuj, India. The movie has been set up in the Victorian period of India’s colonial British Raj. The story of the movie revolves around the small village whose inhabitants burdened by the high taxes and then they find themselves in an extraordinary situation which is an arrogant officer that challenges him to play the game of a cricket as a wager just to avoid the taxes. The result of that match changed their village’s destiny.
6. Jodha Akbar: The movie ‘Jodha Akbar’ is an Indian Historical movie romance movie which has been directed by Ashutosh Gowariker and has been produced Ronnie Screwala and Ashutosh Gowariker and the movie has been written by the K.P Saxena. The story of the movie has been written by Haider Ali. The movie features Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai, Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, and Ila Arun in the lead. The movie has been narrated by the Amitabh Bachchan. The music in the movie has been given by A.R Rahman. The movie got released on February 15, 2008. The movie focuses on the romance between the Mughal Emperor Jala-ud-din-Muhammad Akbar and the role which has been played by the actor Hrithik Roshan and the Rajput princess Jodhaa Bai and later who becomes his wife and the role which has been played by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. However, the movie has received both the critical as well as the commercial success. Moreover, the movie won the Audience Award for the Best Foreign Language Film at the Sao Paulo International Film Festival, and moreover won the two awards at the Golden Minbar International Film Festival and got seven Star Screen Award and five Filmfare awards in addition to that the movie got the two nominations at the 3rd Asian Film Award.
7.Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero: The movie which released back in 2004 and this movie is highly dominated by the sports biopic movie and now the time has come for a change. The movie which is directed by Shyam Benegal and the movie is said to be a war film and the movie revolves around the life of Subash Chandra Bose. The titular role in the movie has been played by the Sachin Khedekar in the titular character and that depicts the life of the Netaji In Nazi Germany and that is from the period of 1941- 1943 as well as the Japanese-occupied in the Asia which is from 1943- 1945 and that eventually lead to the formation of the Azad Hind Fauj.
8.Rang De Basanti – The movie ‘Rang De Basanti’ is said to be Indian drama movie which is written, produced and directed by Rakesh Omprakash Mehra. The title of the movie generally means that ‘Paint me with the colors of spring. The movie features Aamir Khan, Siddharth Narayan, Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, R.Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Atul Kulkarni and along with a British actress Alice Pattern. The movie has been made on the budget of Rs 250 million and it has been shot in Delhi. As soon as the movie got release it broke all the opening box office records in India. The movie has been declared as the highest grossing film in its opening weekend in India and the movie marks the highest opening day collection.
The movie focuses on the story which is about the documentary filmmaker and that is determined to make the movie on the Indian freedom fighters which are based on the diary entries by her grandfather, a former officer of the Indian Imperial Police. The movie got released globally on January 26, 2006, which marks as the Republic day of India. The movie won the title for the most popular movie. It has also nominated the Best Foreign Language Film at the 2006 BAFTA Awards.
9. The Legend of Bhagat Singh: The movie ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’ is an Indian Historical biographical movie which is said to based on the life of the Bhagat Singh, who is a freedom fighter and he fought for the Indian independence. The movie which was directed by Rajkumar Santoshi and produced by the Kumar Taurani and Ramesh Taurani. The movie has been written by Piyush Mishra and the movie features Ajay Devgan, Amrita Rao, Sushant Singh, D. Santosh, Raj Babbar, Farida Jalal, and Amitabh Bhattacharjee. The music in the movie has been given by A.R Rahman. The movie which got released on June 7, 2002. The movie which got the two National Film Awards and that also includes the National Film Award for the Best Feature Film in Hindi and there are three Filmfare Awards which has also included Filmfare Critics Award for the Best movie.
The movie ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’ shows in the detail that how the freedom fighter Bhagat Singh came to develop his views on the British Raj and the movie will also tell the struggles for the India Independence. The movie also has a scene which depicts that how the British Raj and his struggles for the India Independence. However, the movie begins with the scenes that show how the British attempted to dispose of Bhagat Singh’s body and the main reason behind doing this was that he could not be made into the Marty and then flashbacks to the past just to tell his story. In the movie, the historical feel was created by just using a sepia tint throughout the movie.
10. Mangal Pandey: The Rising: The movie ‘Mangal Pandey: The Rising is an Indian historical biographical movie. The movie which has been directed by Ketan Mehta and has been produced by Bobby Bedi, Ketan Mehta, and Deepa Sahi. The story of the movie has been written by Farrukh Dhondy. The movie features Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji, Toby Stephens, Coral Beed, Ameesha Patel, and Kirron Kher in the lead. The music in the movie has been given by A.R Rahman and has been penned by Javed Akhtar. The movie which got released on August 12, 2015. Moreover, the movie with a title ‘Mangal Pandey’ based on the life of the of the Mangal Pandey, who is an Indian soldier and he is very well known for helping to spark the Indian rebellion of 1857, which is also known as The First War of India. The movie has got the premier in the Marche u Film section of the 2005 Cannes Film Festival. The movie marks as the fourth highest grossing movie of the year 2005. The movie has been made with the Budget of Rs 34 crore and has earned a sum of Rs 52.58 crore at the Box Office. Moreover, the movie has topped the Chennai Box office on its opening weekend.