Bollywood town is very much popular for its unique portraying of the emotions and sentiments through its movies. Many of the emotional movies are based on the real lives of the people or they are usually inspired by the lives of people. There are many movies which are made focusing on the life struggles of the common man and woman.
Today, we will be going to show you the list of 12 Bollywood movies that are highly inspirational and motivational for the Indian audience.
1. Airlift – The movie ‘Airlift’ which is an Indian dystopian historical drama movie. The movie has been directed by Raja Krishna Menon and produced by Nikhil Advani. The movie features Akshay Kumar and Nimrat Kaur in the lead. The movie revolves around a Kuwait based businessman Ranjit Katyal (the character played by Akshay Kumar). He carries the evacuations of Indians based in the Kuwait and that happened in the Invasion of Kuwait by the Saddam Hussein’s Iraq. The movie premiered on January 22, 2016. The movie has been featured among the 2016 Indian Panorama section of the International Film Festival of India. The movie manages to bag the Zee Cine Award and one National Film Award.
2. Manjhi: The Mountain Boy – The movie was released successfully in 2015. It is an Indian biographical film and it is based on the life of Dashrath Manjhi and he is very well known as the ‘Mountain Man’. He was born in a family of a poor laborer in Gehlaur village which is near to Gaya in Bihar, India. The movie has been directed by Ketan Mehta and has been jointly produced by the Viacom 18 Pictures and NFDC India. The movie received a positive critical acclaim. Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui played the role of Dashrath Manjhi and actress Radhika Apte played the role of Majhi’s wife. The movie released on August 21, 2015, and preview copy of the movie leaked on the web on August 10, 2015.
3. Mary Kom – The movie is said to be a biographical sports film, which is directed by Omung Kumar and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the association with Viacom 18 Motion pictures. The movie features Priyanka Chopra in the lead role and she essayed the role of Mary Kom and Darshan Kumar and Sunil Thapa were in the supporting roles of her husband and her mentor. The movie depicts the story of the Mary Kom and her journey of becoming a boxer to her victory at the World Boxing Championship which took place in 2008.
However, this movie also marks the Priyanka Chopra’s debut in the Playback singing as she sang the song named ‘Chaoro’. The script of the movie has been written by Saiwyn Quadras and he is the one who suggested the storyline to Omung Kumar at that time when Mary Kom was not a familiar name in India. For the role actress, Priyanka Chopra had gone to the extensive physical training for three months just to attain the muscular physique and she has also learned the distinct boxing style. The movie has been shot in the Dharamshala and Manali and even there a major portion of the Manipur has been recreated. The movie released on September 5, 2014. The movie received a great response at the Box office. ‘Mary Kom’ has also got various awards such as National Film Award for the Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment and the movie has even nominated for the Filmfare Award for the Best movie and Priyanka Chopra got the Best Actress Award for the role which she has essayed in the movie.
4. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag – The movie ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ is a 2013 Indian biographical sports drama film. It has been directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and it is written by Prasoon Joshi. The movie is said to based on the real life of Milkha Singh, an Indian athlete who was awarded as the National Champion runner-up and he is an Olympian. The movie features Farhan Akhtar in the lead role along with Pavan Malhotra and Art Malik in the supporting roles. In the movie, Sonam Kapoor did a cameo appearance. The movie which released on July 12, 2013, and the movie has bagged the good response from the critics as well as from the audience. The movie was declared a super hit and it has become highest grossing 2013 Bollywood film worldwide and with this, the movie has become the 21st film to gross 1 billion.
5. Udaan – The movie ‘Udaan’ which released on 2010 and it is said to be an Indian Hindi coming age -drama film which has been directed by Vikramaditya Motwane and has been produced by Anurag Kashyap and Ronnie Screwala. It is based on the real-life story of Anurag Kashyap. The movie had been officially selected to compete in the Un Certain Regard category at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. As soon as the movie got released it has become successful at the Box office, but the movie has been regarded as a cult classic movie in the Indian cinema.
6. 3 Idiots – The movie is said to be coming of age comedy-drama film. It is directed and written by Rajkumar Hirani and has been produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, with the screenplay Abhijat Joshi. The movie has been inspired by the novel with a title ‘Five Point Someone’, and it has been written by Chetan Bhagat. The movie features Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Boman Irani and Omi Vaidya. The movie revolves around the friendship of a three student at an engineering college and it also shows that it is a satire about the social pressure under an Asian education system.
The movie ‘3 Idiots’ has received a critical as well as the Commercial success. The movie has been declared as the highest-grossing film in its opening weekend in India and had the highest opening day collection for an Indian film up and until that point and it has also declared as the highest net collection in the first week for a Bollywood film. It is one of those Indian movies which has made a successful mark on the East Asian markets such as China and Japan.
7. Taare Zameen Par – The movie which released in 2007 and it is an Indian Drama movie which has been directed and produced by Aamir Khan. The movie features Darsheel Safary which stars as an 8-year-old boy named Ishaan and Aamir Khan who played the role of his art teacher. The movie has been written by Amole Gupte. The movie explores the life of an imagination of Ishaan he is basically a dyslexic child. He is very good in art but he is very poor in the academics and that has led his parents to send him to a boarding school. Aamir Khan in the movie helped him to overcome his disability. The movie ‘Tare Zameen Par’ has received a numerous number of awards which includes the Filmfare award for the Best Film for the year 2008 and has also got a National Film Award for the Best Film on the Family welfare. The movie marks an official entry for the 2009 Academy Awards Best Foreign Film but unfortunately, the movie did not progress to the short-list.
8. Chak De India – The movie ‘Chak De India’ is said to be an Indian sports movie which is directed by Shimit Amin and has been produced by Aditya Chopra. However, the movie has been written by Jaideep Sahni. The movie is based on the fictional story which tells us about the Indian women’s national field of the hockey team. The movie is said to be inspired by the team’s victory at the 2002 Commonwealth games and the movie also explores themes such as feminism and sexism. The movie features Shah Rukh Khan in the role of a Kabir Khan and he essayed the role of a former caption of the Indian men’s national field hockey team and after the team losses from Pakistan, Khan has been ostracized from the sport and him along with his mother driven from the family home by the angry neighbours. After seven years he redeems himself and he becomes the coach of the Indian National women’s hockey team and he aims to turn the sixteen contentious players into a championship unit. The movie has got a number of awards such as National Film Award for the Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
9. Rang De Basanti – The movie ‘Rang De Basanti’ is said to be Indian drama movie which is written, produced and directed by Rakesh Omprakash Mehra. The title of the movie generally means that ‘Paint me with the colors of spring. The movie features Aamir Khan, Siddharth Narayan, Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, R.Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Atul Kulkarni and along with a British actress Alice Pattern. The movie has been made on the budget of Rs 250 million and it has been shot in Delhi. As soon as the movie got release it broke all the opening box office records in India. The movie has been declared as the highest grossing film in its opening weekend in India and the movie marks the highest opening day collection.
The movie focuses on the story which is about the documentary filmmaker and that is determined to make the movie on the Indian freedom fighters which are based on the diary entries by her grandfather, a former officer of the Indian Imperial Police. The movie got released globally on January 26, 2006, which marks as the Republic day of India. The movie won the title for the most popular movie. It has also nominated the Best Foreign Language Film at the 2006 BAFTA Awards.
10. Black – The movie which is an India drama film. It is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and the movie features Rani Mukerji and Amitabh Bachchan. The movie revolves around the deaf and a blind girl and it also shows her relationship along with her teacher who himself later develops Alzheimer’s disease. The movie is said to be based on the life of Helen Keller’s life and struggle. The movie has received a commercial success and has been declared as the 2nd highest-grossing Bollywood film worldwide in 2005.
The movie bags the award for the Best Film at the Filmfare award. The Times magazine in Europe has been declared as one of the 10 Best movies of the year in 2005 from around the globe. Actor Amitabh Bachchan received the Best Actor award for the role which he essayed in the movie. Rani Mukerji won her second Filmfare award for the Best actress.
11. Swades – The story of the movie Swades is about an NRI and he comes to India to meet his nanny hoping to take her back with him to America. He searches for his nanny and that leads him to a remote village in India and that village is deprived of the electricity and even in the 21st century, the people of that village are fighting with the demons of untouchability and gender bias. He realizes his duties towards his country and he helps the villagers with the electricity while fighting with the demons that are prevailing in the Indian society from the centuries. The movie has been written, produced and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. The movie features Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role.