The famous singing reality show Indian Idol 9 is back with a bang on Sony Entertainment Television.
After auditions in multiple cities the judges Farah Khan, Anu Malik and Sonu Nigam select the top 14 contestants of Indian Idol Season 9. These set of judges are back on the small screen after 12 years.
Here is a small introduction about them:
- Manya Narang: She is from Delhi and has been singing since she was 8 years old. Manya has been a part of various singing reality shows before Indian Idol.
- L V Revanth: L V Revanth is a playback singer in Tollywood from Hyderabad. He has sung for the blockbuster movie ‘Baahubali’. Revanth sang ‘Manohari’ along with Mohana Bhogaraju and his soulful voice stole milllion of hearts.
- Maalavika Sundar: She is a trained professional singer who has done playback singing for several Tollywood films
- R P Shravan: He is one of the strongest contestants on the singing reality show, who mesmerised the judges with his first performance during auditions itself.
- Rohit PVNS: He from Hyderabad, Telangana has a huge fan following on social media Facebook and Youtube. He became the first singer of this season who got the golden mic for the second time.
- Mohit Chopra: 27 year old Mohit Chopra learnt singing from his grandfather and has been singing since then. He is a real find for Indian Idol season 9. He sang ‘Tera Ishq Sufiyana’ during his auditions and impressed all three judges instantly
- Jeli Kayi: He is a famous stage singer, who enjoys huge popularity on social media. He hails from a small village of Liromoba under West- Siang District, Aalo.
- Bharti Gupta: Bharti Gupta is not new to the world of singing. She has made her presence felt in other popular reality shows as well like The Voice India (Season 1).
- Mansi Bhardwaj: Mansi’s love for singing began quite early in her life. Performing on the stage is what she loves to do.
- Tajinder Singh: He is a well known singer and is also an online sensation. His videos on various sites have thousands of views and Tajinder has a lot of followers.
- Hardeep Singh: He has been singing for the past 6 – 7 years now from Punjab. Indian Idol is the biggest platform that the singer has got till now.
- Khuda Baksh: Khuda Baksh, a 21-year old Mukhtasar resident, is living his dream of becoming a professional singer despite losing his father at a very little age of 5.
- Saumya Mishra: 21 year old Soumya’s passion is singing. From Uttarakhand, Soumya auditioned 4 years back in Indian Idol 6 and couldn’t make it to top 12.
- Stuti Tiwari: She is Delhi born Indian Idol 9 contestant. She also appeared in another reality series SAREGAMAPA Lil Champ 2011 on Zee TV. All we can say is that it is going to be one of the best seasons to ever happen with a lot of talent and competition!