Earlier, during the 41st RIL Annual General Meeting, Mumbai in July, Reliance Industries limited had announced the registrations for Jio GigaFiber. Jio Phone 2, along Jio GigaFiber registrations, is set to begin on August 15, 2018. Interested users need to register themselves via both MyJio mobile app and Jio.com.
What is JioGiga Fiber?
The JioGiga Fiber is Reliance Jio’s next big service. It is set to go live on India’s 72nd Independence Day and will be the “largest greenfield fixed-line broadband service”. It promises to deliver 1Gbps speed and will be available in over 1,000 cities. With the launch of this high-speed internet broadband services, Reliance Jio is planning to build an ecosystem for the high-speed Internet of Things service. Further on, it will be fueling future technologies like Virtual Reality.
The network can handle high-definition streaming including content in 4K resolution. Also, it can support voice-activated virtual assistant, video conferencing and other related smart home solutions. During the beta trials through its Jio Fiber preview offer. It provided speeds of up to 100 Mbps for 90 days along with a monthly data limit of 100GB and free access to Jio’s premium apps.
Customers across 1,100 cities will be able to register for services. Based on the number of requests received in the particular area, homes will be connected on priority. Furthermore, preview users who had consumed the 100GB data within the month were able to access complimentary data top-up of 40GB through the MyJio app or the website.
- Jio GigaRouter is designed to give ultra-fast internet connections with speeds of up to 1Gbps and will also provide wall-to-wall high-speed WiFi coverage.
- To connect to large-screen televisions, the Jio GigaTV set-top box is available. This set-top box offers 600 plus channels, thousands of movies, millions of songs and other types of content. The content will reportedly be available in ultra-high 4K resolution. A separate voice feature is also available which can issue commands to the JioTV remote. Furthermore, this feature is available in multiple Indian languages.
- Jio TV calling or video calling allows customers to call every other TV that is powered by the Jio GigaFiber or any mobile or tablet connected to any network. This feature is designed to provide children with educational content. Also, real-time consultation with doctors for healthcare purposes is one of its uses.
- Jio GigaFiber through Virtual Reality headsets enables users to experience 360-degree, 3D Virtual Reality in 4K resolution. It will make window-shopping, visiting tourist destinations and playing fantasy adventure more lifelike.
- Since broadband services come directly to an individual’s home there won’t be a loss of speed in connectivity.
Plans and expected price in India
Leaks of the upcoming Jio GigaFiber fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) plans to launch for customers in the coming months.
- ₹500 Jio GigaFiber plan: 50 Mbps speeds with a high-speed data limit of 300GB and a validity of 30 days
- ₹750 Jio GigaFiber plan: 50 Mbps speeds with a high-speed data limit of 450GB and a validity of 30 days
- ₹999 Jio GigaFiber plan: 100 Mbps speeds with a high-speed data limit of 600GB and a validity of 30 days
- ₹1299 Jio GigaFiber plan: 100 Mbps speeds with a high-speed data limit of 750GB and a validity of 30 days
- ₹1500 Jio GigaFiber plan: 150 Mbps speeds with a high-speed data limit of 900 GB and a validity of 30 days
How to Register?
The Jio Phone 2 and JioGigaFiber can be registered via MyJio app and Jio.com. You can apply for JioGigaFiber by following these steps:
- Visit Reliance Jio’s official website http://www.jio.com.
- Once the Jio Phone 2 and JioGigaFiber registrations are open, click on the ‘Get Now’ option.
- Enter the details such as contact number, address etc.
- Fill in the shipping address and other details.
- Pay the full amount through debit/credit card or Net banking.