In the beginning of this month OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro gets its first Android 10-based OxygenOS Open Beta. A few days ago, the company followed up with another beta build to squash some bugs. And now, OnePlus has finally started rolling out the stable build of Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
With rolling out the Android 10, OnePlus takes the OxygenOS version to number 10. The new update brings in a new UI, enhanced location permissions, and new customization feature in Settings.
OxygenOS 10 also brings a feature called Game Space which offers quick access to all your games and options like Fnatic Mode and Graphic Optimization in one place. Besides, the new build includes full-screen gestures which let you let swipe inwards from the left or right edge of the display to go back.
See the changelog of OxygenOS 10:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures:
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
OxygenOS 10 is currently rolling out over the air in a staged manner, meaning only a limited number of users will receive the update right now, and a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no bugs are found.
If you opt for VPN tto get update on your device it might not work as the update is rolled out randomly and isn’t region-based. So, all you can do is wait for an update notification to pop up on your device, as the company hasn’t posted download links yet.
We expect OnePlus to reveal more details about the Android 10 update plans for its older models at its launch event in New Delhi, India on September 26.
OxygenOS is a customized version of the Android mobile operating system that is and owned by Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus exclusively for their smartphones. OxygenOS was developed for their overseas market. There is also another version of the OS designed specifically for the Chinese home market called HydrogenOS.