Doctor Who, as most of us might know is a popular TV show with Doctor Who as the main character(obviously). He is a Time Lord and an extraterrestrial being. However, the good news is that the adventures of Doctor Who are soon arriving to VR gaming. Publisher PlayStack and developer Maze Theory announced yesterday that Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, a cinematic, feature-length” VR game will finally release on November 12, 2019.
With the new VR gaming experience, you’ll have the chance to save the world as Doctor Who. The game will be available on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos next month.
Here are some of the key features of the upcoming VR experience:
- Become part of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality