On October 13th, Fortnite Season 10 officially ended. As the Season 10 ended, players couldn’t do anything when they logged in to Fortnite as there was just a black hole ahead of Chapter 2. And now, Fortnite is back for a new Chapter 2 with a brand new map as suggested by the leaked battle pass trailer. And now, Fortnite Chapter 2 is getting its first update as the v11.01 update is all set to go live today on October 22nd. Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming v11.01 update.
Date and Time:
The new update is expected to hit the game servers today and there will be server downtime for this update which begins at 4 AM ET (8 AM UTC).
We have patch v11.01 planned for tomorrow. This patch includes new content for Save the World and addresses some known game issues.
Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (0800 UTC).
— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) October 21, 2019
Epic has promised to address bug whic came alongside the new Chapter 2. Here’s a look at the major bugs Epic is considering to fix with the update:
- Friends not appearing in Friends List.
- Unable to use swapped-to item when a character is backed up against the camera.
- “Ready Up!” button not appearing in Squads matches until entire part if eliminated.
- Issue with “Get an elimination from 50m or further” Open Water Challenge.
- Daily Punchard remaining on screen.
- Gift wrap missing for gifted Battle Passes.
- Improved performance issues(FPS).
- Changes to the current XP system.
New Save the World content:
Epic is even bringing new ‘Save the World’ content. However, not much has been revealed yet and we can only wait to see what’s in store for Fortnite fans.
Moreover, the new season even brought a few bugs with it including flying boats and “into a dementor”, which Epic is already aware of and we might get a fix for them too. However, this is just a speculation and we will have to wait and see until the v11.01 update goes live.