Epic Games introduced Fortnite’s Season 10 on August 1. Until recently, Fortnite was running on v10.20 wherein it brought us many new features including the new ‘Zapper Trap’ along with the return of Kevin Cube, bug fixes, and minor improvements. Then just last week the v10.30 arrived. Even yesterday, Fortnite was in the news when data miner ‘s1I0x’ leaked a pair of new skin including an ‘Area 51 skin. And now after v10.30, Epic Games is yet again back with v10.31 as the patch notes go live which brings a Party Hub feature for cross-platform voice chatting. Here are the patch notes for v 10.31:
Fortnite Update 10.31 Patch Notes:
Weapons + Items:
- Resolved an issue involving the Star Wand and AC/DC Pickaxes not doing the intended amount of damage.
- Because this issue has been resolved, these Pickaxes have been re-enabled.
- Storm Circles will no longer end at the following locations (in core and Arena modes):
- Moisty Palms
- Greasy Grove
- Tilted Town
- Retail Row
- Resolved an issue in which Ziplines could give players an unintended effect.
- Because this issue has been resolved, Ziplines have been re-enabled.
- When a player is eliminated, their damage towards the Storm Surge threshold will no longer be removed from their remaining teammates’ total.
- Support-a-Creator codes can now be used for real-money offers in-game.
- More information on this will be available in a blog post later this week.
- Please note: For any Packs that contain V-Bucks, the revenue share will be applied to the Creator code that is entered when the V-Bucks from that pack are spent.
- Connect with Fortnite friends on the go so the party never stops. See who’s online, party up, and jump in-game together on any platform.
- Want to hang with friends in-game while you’re out and about? Now you can take the party with you! For more information, check out our FAQ here.
- This new feature allows you to you use two apps at once on supported iPads! Supported iPad models include:
- iPad Pro
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad Air 2 and later
- iPad mini 4 and later
- By enabling Multitasking, all iPads will have the ability to rotate the screen orientation to enter Portrait Mode.
- If you don’t want to play in Portrait mode, enable Rotate Lock on your iPad.
- From server on September 13
- Resolved an issue involving some Mission objectives not measuring progress.
- From hotfix on September 11
- Increased the limit for Basic Storm Controllers from 10 to 16.
Save the World:
Weapons + Items:
- The Deciblaster bounces into the Weekly Store!
- This shoots a blast of sound that pierces enemies and bounces up to 5 times, dealing damage in an area with each bounce. Does not consume ammo, but has low durability.
- Available in the Weekly Store from Wednesday, September 18 at 8 p.m. EDT until Wednesday, September 25 at 8 p.m. EDT.
- Social Parties in Save the World now support up to 16 players.
- In order to launch a mission, there must be only four active players in the party.
- Other party members must enter the Sit Outstate through the Social Panel. This allows them to continue to participate in voice chat.
- Players with their reticle on stairs will no longer enter edit mode for an unintended building piece.
- In v10.30, we addressed an issue in which players would sometimes enter edit mode for a building piece that their reticle was not on. However, players may have still found themselves entering edit mode for a different building piece than intended if their reticle was on stairs. This has been resolved.
- Removed black borders on the iPad 2018 Pro.
However, the most notable feature that this update has to offer is the ‘Party Hub‘ feature which brings cross-platform voice-enabled communication feature for Fortnite with it. This feature is hugely popular with Battle Royale games like PUBG and its introduction is going to make Fortnite even better. The Party Hub is available only for the mobile version of Fortnite on Android and iOS.