Microsoft has made its appearance in the gaming industry for a multiple number of times in comparison to Google and Apple. The main credit for this goes to Xbox.
Now, Microsoft is planning $7.5 billion acquisition of Zenimax Media which is a parent company of the famous gaming studio, Bethesda Softworks. Its a shocking news for all that Microsoft is spending a large amount of cash for the gaming company. Well, here are the reasons why Microsoft plans to bet more on Bethesda, Xbox, gaming and others:
• Bethesda Softworks has been one of the most popular gaming studio with successful titles.
• Microsoft wants to provide a big push to the cloud-gaming service Xbox Game Pass by this acquisition.
• Apple and Google already have their own cloud-gaming services known as Apple Arcade and Google Stadia. The deal provides Microsoft an edge in terms of A-listed titles.
• Microsoft has launched their cloud based streaming gaming service known as xCloud in 22 countries and would want to bolster it with this deal.
• Microsoft has around 15 million Game Pass subscribers. The deal would help to further grow this number.
• The deal would provide Microsoft Xbox exclusive access to several titles and this would make Xbox gamers quite happy.
• Microsoft would have 23 game studios in its kitty and that indicates an increase in the number of titles.
• Microsoft would get an ‘edge’ over their rival Sony as because of this acquisition, a large number of popular titles might become Xbox-exclusive.
• Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein and Dishonored are the critically acclaimed and the best-selling franchises.
• Microsoft is close to having around 5,000 developers working on their games.