Anyone who has PUBG installed in their devices must be aware of the fact that when you login in for the first time, it shows two options. One using Facebook, Twitter, and Play Games whereas the other one is via a ‘Guest Account‘. ‘Guest Account‘ doesn’t require any credentials when logging in. However, Tencent Games is removing the guest login option as a security update. Tencent Games is making it compulsory for players to share some sort of user data to log in to the game.
Players are getting a notification when they launch the game. The notification reads that the ‘Guest Account login‘ option will be removed on August 31 11.59 PM IST. Therefore, players will have to provide some kind of credentials to log in to the game from now on.
For those who use the Guest Account but now need to transfer their Guest Account data to the other valid account, here are a few simple steps you need to follow:
- Open the game and go to ‘Settings’ from the main menu.
- Here find the ‘Link’ tab and tap on it.
- There find and tap on the ‘+’ icon
- You will be given options of Facebook, Twitter, and Play Games to use for login
- Choose the one most convenient for you and enter the login details, and PUBG Mobile should do the rest
Tencent Games have always tried to improve the game ever since its launch. They come up with regular updates, new features are added every now and then. And now, this is another one of Tencent’s effort to keep a check on the increasing number of hackers in the game.