Apple unveiled iOS 13 earlier this month at WWDC Just two weeks after the release of beta 1, Apple today released the second developer beta of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13. It is now available to developers for testing purposes. The build number is 17A5508m.
Here are all the new features we know about with dev beta 2:
- Unique Tapback sounds, one for each Tapback.
- New “Send Replies Without Confirmation” option when crafting messages with Siri.
- High-Key Mono Portrait Mode.
- Portrait Mode lightning control.
- Screen Time Downtime settings will sync to your Apple Watch.
- Apple Maps has a refreshed on boarding screen.
- “Select All” is back in Mail.
- Four new Memoji stickers.
- New Parallax toggle when choosing Wallpapers.
- Calendar has new color and interface changes.
- Files now supports connecting to SMB and APFS.
- Notes app has new selections for Notes and checklists
- Safari now has a “Show Link Preview” toggle in settings.
- New sound when accessing contextual menus via long-press.
- Voice Control has an icon in the top-left corner when active.
You’ll also find a laundry list of bug fixes, from Books and CarPlay, to Maps and Messages. Check out the full release notes for iOS 13 dev beta 2 below:
General – Known Issues:
- For a period of time after updating to iOS & iPadOS 13 beta, tapping links might cause apps to become unresponsive. (51222428)
- Wallpapers might not display correctly. (45300725)
- In certain cases, the Wi-Fi icon might not be displayed in the status bar even though Wi-Fi is on. (51512334)
- The EU volume limit warning might not appear when exceeding the maximum volume limit. (51068683)
- Following an update to iOS & iPadOS 13, users with large photo libraries might need to wait for an extended period while their device displays the Apple logo with a progress bar. (51147659)
General – Resolved Issues:
- AirPlay mirroring output produces the expected results. (51116513)
- You don’t need to rotate your iPad to its landscape orientation to edit your widgets. (49162249)
- Face ID no longer stops working unexpectedly. (51205195)
- You can sync or update a device running iOS & iPadOS 13 from a Mac that isn’t running macOS 10.15 beta or Xcode 11 beta. (51325292)
However, developers seem to enjoy this beta version of iOS 13 more which since it seems relatively more stable as compared to the previous iOS betas. And since the beta is still under testing, we may come across more bugs and other system issues.