Ration Card is an official document issued by the Government, thereby entitling the holder to obtain subsidized food and fuel. The card is an important document for an individual to prove his identity and remain connected with the Government database. The identity, eligibility and entitlement of entire public distribution system (PDS) works on it. It is either an A-4 size folded paper card or chip-embedded smart card. It bears the photograph of the Head of the Family. It is issued 1 per family. It s divided into the following 3 categories by the planning commission depending on the data colleced and analysis from various sources.
- Extreme Poverty level
- Below Poverty level (BPL)
- Above Poverty level (APL)
- Families without ration card
- Newly married couple
- Expired ration card holders
- Members of divided family
- Migrants from different States
- Photograph with full Residential address along with the pin code
- Recent electricity bill
- Occupation and annual income
- Complete contact details such as phone/mobile number
- Region of food department
- Name of family members and the relationship with the applicant
- Details of LPG connection
Procedure for online Ration card in Bangalore:
- The name of the applicant must be sent to 9212357123 from the applicants’s mobile number.
- A token number and security code will be sent to the mobile number.
- Any one holding a valid ration card can act as your introducer.
- Biometric fingerprint scans and photographs of the family members is a must.
- Open your online ration card application form in the presence of the introducer.
- Fill the details in the form.
- Upload the biometric details and photographs of yourself as well as the family members.
- Upload the scanned copies of the recent electricity bill, photo proof and the address proof. The scanned copies should be of the original ones.
- Download the self declaration and sign it.
- Scan the declaration and upload the document online.
- A printed acknowledgement of the application form will be sent to you.
- You can track the status of your ration card by clicking on http://ahara.kar.nic.in
Toll Free Number: 1-800-425-9339
Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
No 8, Marketing Federation Building
Bangalore – 560 052