Telegram is one of the most downloaded instant messaging apps after WhatsApp. The app is a cloud-based messaging platform that offers various channels (Something like WhatsApp groups). With year 2020 starting, The platform rolled out a new batch of an update for iOS and Android devices. The update has brought dozens of new themes and features for users.
The new update is named Telegram 5.13 and it comes with Theme Editor 3.o with the new editor you can choose a precise custom color from a color picker tool. You can pick custom colors for the entire app, background and messages view. Version 5.13 also brings a new feature “Send when online”. This feature will allow users to draft a message and automatically send it when the recipient comes online. The new feature can be found within the Schedule Message option
GSMArena has rolled a patch note of the new feature and update:
- Improved venue sharing makes it easy to share a location on the map by just tapping it.
- You can now view search results as a list instead of scrolling through the chat to go through all of them.
- There is podcast and audiobooks support. Audio files over 20 minutes are automatically treated as podcasts and the app will remember your position in the file and also offer a 2x mode to play faster. iOS version also offers high precision scrubbing.
- (Android) Night mode can be switched quickly through a button on the menu screen.
- (Android) Maps automatically turn dark when in night mode.
- (Android) New animations.
- (Android) You can select and copy just a part of someone’s message instead of all of it (already there on iOS).
- (Android) Tap multiple people to share simultaneously when sharing from other apps
- (Android) Can mark all archived chats as read instantly
- (Android) Redesigned video resolution selection and contact sending screen.
- (iOS) Adjust size of all text within the app.
- (iOS) Choose the browser external links open in.
- (iOS) Ability to select what options show up in the share sheet when sharing from other apps to Telegram
- (iOS) Press and hold on icon to quickly switch accounts
- (iOS)View used storage, available space and quickly clear app cache