Gearing up for the General Elections 2019 and Odisha State Polls in Odisha, the Bhartiya Janta Party on Monday declared 3 more Candidates in addition to 357 Candidates released by the party in a run-up to the Lok Sabha Polls 2019. The Saffron party also announced 11 candidates for Odisha State Polls.
The party has named Abhimanyu Sethi son of Eight Time MP from Bhadrak Arjun Sethi. Arjun Sethi had on Saturday quit BJD to join BJP after his son was denied a ticket to contest in the upcoming mega battle of ballots 2019.
The Central Election Committee of the saffron party has decided the following names for the upcoming mega battle of ballots in Odisha:
For Lok Sabha Polls:
- Er Biswesar Tudu from Mayurbhanj ST
- Abhimanyu Sethi from Bhadrak SC
- Amiya Mallick from Jajpur SC
With this, the party has now totally declared candidates on 360 Lok Sabha Seat with 20 candidates in Odisha out the total 21 seats in the state.
— ANI (@ANI) April 1, 2019
Apart from this party has also announced candidates on 11 Assembly Seats of the State. The party has named:
- Alok Sethi from Anandapur SC
- Naba Charan Majhi from Rairangpur
- Krushna Ch. Mohapatra from Morada
- Sukanata Nayak from Nilgiri
- Bhagirathi Pradhan from Athamallik
- Subhranshu Sekhar Padhi from Banki
- Brajendra Ray from Athagarh
- Bijaya Mohapatra from Patkura
- Bijay Pradhan from Mahakalapada
- Jayanta Sarangi from Puri
- Aparajita Mohanty from Bhubaneshwar North
With this BJP has now declared Candidates on 133 Candidates for Odisha State Polls. The State has a total of 147 State Assembly while having 21 Lok Sabha Seats. Currently, BJD has 117 lawmakers in the state assembly.
BJP in a run-up to the Polls in Odisha will take on Naveen Patnaik’s BJD, and Congress who has stitched an alliance with Hemant Soren’s Jharkhand Mukti Morcha. Both Congress and BJD have started rolling out names of Candidates for Odisha State poll 2019.
The Odisha State Polls will be clubbed with the General Elections 2019. The State will Poll in four rounds of Polling starting from April 11. The State has a total of 147 State Assembly while having 21 Lok Sabha Seats.
The Counting of votes for the mega battle of ballots will take place on May 23, four days after last round of polling.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Congress President Rahul Gandhi to contest from Wayanad in Kerela as Second Seat
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Accompanied with Party Top Brass, BJP Chief Amit Shah files nominations from Gandhinagar Seat
- Opposition ‘Unity Show’ in Andhra Pradesh; Kejriwal, Mamata hold rally with Chandrababu Naidu