Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now days away, the Indian National Congress on Wednesday released its 21st list of 6 Candidates for the mega battle of ballots. The Rahul Gandhi-led party in the list named all six candidates from Narendra Modi’s Home-turf Gujarat.
The Congress Central Election Committee has selected following candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls 2019.
- Parthibhai Bhatol from Banaskantha
- Rajendra Thakor from Sabarkantha
- Paresh Dhanani from Amreli
- Manhar Patel from Bhavnagar
- Bimal Shah from Kheda
- Ashok Adhevada from Surat
— ANI (@ANI) April 3, 2019
With this list, the party has named 357 Candidates in a run-up the general elections 2019 with a total of 24 parliamentary seats out of the total 26 Lok Sabha Seats of Gujarat.
Congress Party in a run-up to the national elections has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat, Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai North while in Uttar Pradesh Party Chief Raj Babbar has been named from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Seat
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Apart from this, the Congress President will also contest from Wayanad Lok Sabha Seat in Kerela.
Ruling Bhartiya Janta Party has also started rolling out lists of Candidates with PM Modi seeking re-election from Varanasi Parliamentary Seat, BJP President Amit Shah contesting from Gandhinagar Seat replacing LK Advani.
Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting. All 26 Lok Sabha Seats will go to polls on the third round of polling on April 23.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: JD(U) replaces Dr. Varun Kumar with Sunil Pintu in Sitamarhi (Bihar)
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: AAP Mahila Shakti Wing Launches Metro Campaign focusing Full Statehood Issue
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: BSP releases the first list of 9 Candidates in MP; fields Ramlakhan Singh Kushwah from Morena