Sharad Pawar led Nationalist Congress Party on Thursday announced its first list of Candidates for the Lok Sabha Polls 2019. The Sharad Pawar led party has decided to field Supriya Sule from Baramati Parliamentary Seat, Sanjay Dina Patil from Mumbai North East, Anand Paranjpe from Thane, Sunil Tatkare from Raigad.
The Party has also declared its candidate from Lakshwadeep and fielded Mohammad Faisal from the Union Territory.
NCP to support Raju Shetti's Swabhimani Shetkari Saghtana in Hatkanagale Lok Sabha constituency. https://t.co/b3mlyMFt92
— ANI (@ANI) March 14, 2019
Apart from this, the party has also announced to back Raju Shetty’s Swabhimani Shetkari Saghtana in Hatkanagale Lok Sabha constituency.
However, the party has not announced its candidate from its stronghold Mawal Lok Sabha Seat, but Pawar opting out of the Lok Sabha Race said that his grandnephew Parth Pawar, son of NCP Leader Ajit Pawar will contest from Traditional seat of Mawal Parliamentary Seat.
NCP List came hours after Congress, its partner Congress announced 5 Candidates for Maharashtra in its second list. Congress has given tickets to :
- Nana Patole from Nagpur Lok Sabha Seat
- Dr Namdev Dalluji Usendi from Gadchiroli-Chimur (ST) Lok Sabha Seat
- Priya Dutt from Mumbai North Central Lok Sabha Seat
- Milind Murli Deora from Mumbai South Lok Sabha Seat
- Sushil Kumar Shinde from Solapur (SC) Lok Sabha Seat
READ: Congress Releases Second List of 21 Candidates for Lok Sabha Polls 2019; fields Priya Dutt, Raj Babbar
Both NCP and Congress have packed a deal to take on BJP–Shiv Sena alliance in Maharashtra however, the seat sharing arrangement is still in the final rounds. Sources claimed that Congress is expected to get a lion share in seat sharing with Rahul Gandhi led a party expected to get 26 seats while NCP may settle for remaining 22 seats.
Maharashtra has a total of 48 Lok Sabha seats, Second highest after Uttar Pradesh. In 2014 General Elections, BJP-Shiv Sena led NDA won 41 Lok Sabha Seats. While Congress was reduced to just 6 Parliamentary seats.
General Elections are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Election Commission had on Sunday declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Results for the crucial Lok Sabha Polls will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Deliberations Still On? Congress to Reach its Workers Seeking Opinion on Poll Tie-up with AAP In Delhi
- BSP-SP Alliance to hold Joint Rallies and Public Meeting in the run-up to Lok Sabha Polls 2019
- Congress to contest on 11 seats in Bihar, RJD on 20 for the Lok Sabha Elections: Sources