The State has a total of 147 State Assembly while having 21 Lok Sabha Seats. Currently, BJD has 117 lawmakers in the state assembly. Congress won 16 Assembly seats in last assembly polls and BJP won 10 Assembly Seats.
Earlier the Bhartiya Janta Party in its initial lists declared candidates on 131 Assembly Seats. The Names of all candidates were finalized by the Central Election Committee.
- Murali Sharma from Champua
- Manash Mohanty from Bhograi
- Raghunath Mohanty from Basta
- Chhabi Mallick from Niali (SC) Seat
BJP releases a list of 4 candidates for elections to the Odisha state legislative assembly. pic.twitter.com/BhmhekLtmH
— ANI (@ANI) April 3, 2019
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in a run-up to the State Polls in Odisha will take on Naveen Patnaik’s BJD, and Congress who has stitched an alliance with Hemant Soren’s Jharkhand Mukti Morcha. Both Congress and BJD have started rolling out names of Candidates for Odisha State poll 2019.
General Elections are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Election Commission had on March 10 declared schedule for General Elections 2019.
Odisha State Polls is slated to be clubbed with National Elections and will go to polls in four phases starting from April 11.
- Election 2019: Congress declares 6 more Candidates in Gujarat; fields nominees on Bhavnagar, Surat
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: JD(U) replaces Dr. Varun Kumar with Sunil Pintu in Sitamarhi (Bihar)
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: AAP Mahila Shakti Wing Launches Metro Campaign focusing Full Statehood Issue