Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now weeks away, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Saturday released its first list of 45 candidates. Out of the all 45 Candidates, Party has fielded 16 in West Bengal, 15 Candidates in Kerela, while 2 each in Tamil Nadu, Tripura and Assam.
While the party has named a single candidate in states like – Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab and UT of Lakshadweep.
— ANI (@ANI) March 16, 2019
In Kerela, the party named sitting MP MB Rajesh from Palakkad seat while P K Biju from Alathoor Parliamentary Seat. All 15 names include:
- K.P. Satheesh Chandra from Kasargode
- PK Sreemathi from Kannur
- P Jayarajan from Vadakara
- A Pradeep Kumar from Kozhikkode
- VP Sanu from Malappuram
- PK Biju from Alathoor reserved seat
- Innocent Chalakudy
- P Rajeev from Ernakulam Lok Sabha seat
- VN Vasavan from Kottayam
- AM Arif from Alappuzha
- Veena George from Pathanamthitta
- KN Balagopal from Kolam
- A Sampath from Attingal
- Joice George from Idukki (Independent Candidate supported by CPI(M)
- PV Anwar from Ponnani (Independent Candidate supported by CPI(M)
In West Bengal, the party named sitting MP Mohd. Salim from Raiganj and Badruddoza Khan from Murshidabad Lok Sabha Seat. All 16 names include:
- Nandini Mukherjee from Kolkata South
- Nepaldeb Bhattacharya from Dum Dum
- Rama Biswas from Ranaghat
- Maksuda Khatun from Uluberia
- Bhagirath Roy from Jalpaiguri reserved seat
- Mohd Saleem from Raiganj Lok Sabha
- Badruddaza Khan from Murshidabad
- Alokesh Das from Bangaon reserved
- Faud Halim from Daimond Harbour
- Isawar Chandra Das from Bardhaman Purba reserved seat
- Bikas Ranjan Bhattacharya from Jadavpur
- Pradeep Saha from Hoogly
- Abbas Roy Choudhary from Bardhaman Durgapur seat
- Sakti Mohan Malik from Arambag reserved seat
- Sunil Khan from Bshnupur
- Dr Rezaul Karim from Birhum (Independent Candidate supported by CPI(M)
In West Bengal, The CPI(M) is leading a left front in consists of – Communist Party of India(M), All India Forward Bloc (AIFB), Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP) and Communist Party of India (CPI).
READ: TMC Announces Candidates on all 42 Lok Sabha Seats in West Bengal; Didi reserves 40.5% tickets for Females
The list of left Front came amidst both CPI(M) and Congress were holding final rounds of deliberations over seat sharing in the Mamata Banerjee‘s bastion West Bengal.
In Tamil Nadu, Su Venkatesan from Madurai Lok Sabha seat while PR Natarajan from Coimbatore. In Tripura, Jitendra Chaudhary from Tripura East, Sankar Prasad from Tripura West. In Assam, Biraj Deka from Kokrajhar reserved seat while Amiya Kumar Handique from Lakhimpur Seat.
While Party named Girijesh Singh Sengar from Reva in Madhya Pradesh, Daleep Kaifth from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh, Sukhbir Singh from Hisar in Haryana, Jeeva Pandu Gavit from Dindori Reserved seat in Maharashtra, Janardhan Patil from Odisha’s Bhubneshwar. Others Include Raghunath Singh from Anandpur Sahib in Punjab and Sherif Khan from Lakshadweep Lok Sabha Seat.
General Elections 2019 are slated April-May that will spread in 7 seven phases starting from April 11. Results for the crucial Lok Sabha Polls will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting. The Polling in all 42 Lok Sabha seats of the state will spread in all seven phases starting from April 11.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Eyeing Comeback in North East, Rahul Gandhi set for Congress Rally in Itanagar on March 19
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: JD(S) Danish Ali joins BSP in UP; May Contest Polls from Amroha Seat
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Samajwadi Party names Tabassum Hasan from Kairana in the fourth list of Candidates in UP