DMK who has inked an alliance with Congress and other small parties in Tamil Nadu for the General Elections has on Saturday released its list of 20 Candidates in Tamil Nadu. DMK who has kept a lion share of 20 seats fielded Kanimozhi from Tuticorin Parliamentary seat. This will be her first time in the electoral politics, M Kanimozhi, Daughter of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi had in past been a Rajya Sabha Member.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has released a list of 20 candidates for Lok Sabha elections. https://t.co/E91DdFHUuo
— ANI (@ANI) March 17, 2019
Apart from Kanimozhi, Party has given tickets to :
- A Raja from Nilgris Reserved Lok Sabha seat
- Dayanidhi Maran from Chennai Central Lok Sabha seat
- TR Balu from Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha seat
- S Jagathrachagan from Arakkonam Lok Sabha seat
- Kalanithi Veeraswamy for Chennai North Lok Sabha seat
- Tamizhachi Thangapandian for Chennai South Lok Sabha Seat
- Gautham Sigamani for Kallakurichi Lok Sabha Seat
- TM Kathir Anand for Vellore Lok Sabha Seat
- G Selvam for Kancheepuram reserved Lok Sabha Seat
- S Senthil Kumar for Dharmapuri Lok Sabha Seat
- CN Annadurai for Thiruvannamalai Lok Sabha Seat
- SR Parthiban for Salem Lok Sabha Seat
- K Shanmugasundaram for Pollachi Lok Sabha Seat
- P Veluchamy for Dindigul Lok Sabha Seat
- TRPS Ramesh for Cuddalore Lok Sabha Seat
- S Ramalingam for Mayiladuthurai Lok Sabha Seat
- SS Palanimanickam for Thanjavur Lok Sabha Seat
- Dhanush M Kumar for Tenkasi reserved Lok Sabha Seat
- S Ganathiraviam for Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Seat
- Kanimozhi from Tuticorin (Thoothukudi) Lok Sabha Seat
Apart from announcing the candidates for 20 Lok Sabha Seats, Party has also declared Candidates for the by-elections to the 18 Assembly seats that will also go to polls together with General Elections 2019.
- A Krishnasamy for Poonamallee(SC)
- RV Sekar for Perambur
- SR Idhayavarman for Thiruporur
- A Ashokan for Sholingur
- S Kathavarayan for Gudiyatham (SC)
- R Vilvanathan for Ambur
- SAH Sathya for Hosur
- A Mani for Pappireddipatti
- A Krishnakumar for Harur (SC)
- C Soundarapandian for Nilakkottai (SC)
- Poondi Kalaivanan for Thiruvarur
- TKG Neelamegam for Thanjavur
- Ilakiyadasan for Manamadurai (SC)
- A Maharajan for Andipatti
- KS Saravana Kumar for Periyakulam (SC)
- SV Srinivasan for Sattur
- S Sampath Kumar for Paramakudi (SC)
- SV Jayakumar for Vilathikulam
Apart from Congress, DMK has finalized terms with 6 parties comprising – left parties like CPI(M), CPI, and MDMK, VCK, IUML, KMDK and IJK. The DMK Led alliance recently finalized the seat sharing arrangement in Tamil Nadu with all its allies.
The DMK led alliance will take on the ruling AIADMK alliance of which BJP is a part.
Tamil Nadu has total 39 Lok Sabha Seats while Puducherry has a single Lok Sabha seat.
General Elections are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Election Commission had on Sunday declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Results for the crucial Lok Sabha Polls will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
Tamil Nadu will vote to April 18 for Lok Sabha as well as on 18 by-elections seats.