Elections 2019: Rajpal Yadav might contest from East Delhi on Congress ticket

Must Read

Howdy, Modi! : World media reactions on Modi-Trump’ grand Houston Event address

New Delhi, Sep 23: United States President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on late Sunday shared...

Howdy Modi : Modi-Trump mark history in US-India relationship with great show at Houston

Houston, Sep 22:  Modi, delivering his speech at the historic event, talks about the development underwent over five years...

ECI announces dates of Maharashtra & Haryana elections; Single Phase Election on October 21; Result on 24th

Election Commission of India has announced the dates of much-awaited state elections. According to the Chief Election Commissioner, Sunil...

With Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) having speculations over Kumar Vishwas fighting Lok Sabha seat from East Delhi, Congress might field Actor Rajpal Yadav from Delhi east constituency. Actor Rajpal Yadav met Delhi Congress president Sheila Dikshit on Thursday at her residence escalating the rumors over Delhi East Lok Sabha seat for the upcoming general elections.

A senior Congress leader has said that Rajpal Yadav has sought the party ticket from North East Delhi seat, which is currently held by Delhi BJP president and popular Bhojpuri singer-actor Manoj Tiwari.

Rajpal Yadav has confirmed his visit with Shiela Dikshit claiming that he often visits he house for party meetings. Yadav told the reporters that he is planning to contest the Lok Sabha polls from the East Delhi constituency.

He said that” my candidature will be made clear in 2-3 days.”

In 2016, Rajpal Yadav had floated the Sarva Sambhav Party.

With Congress-AAP alliance still on halt in Delhi, fielding candidate is not certain. When asked about the alliance, Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that his party is open for alliance all over the country. whereas, Arvind Kejriwal claimed that Rahul Gandhi has refused to forge an alliance with AAP.

Till now the two parties have failed to reach a consensus, with Congress trying hard to settle on three out of the total seven Lok Sabha seats in the capital and AAP willing to concede only two of them.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, AAP polled 33% of the votes while Congress got 15%. Putting the share of the two parties together, that contributes to 48%, they would have defeated BJP by 2% of the votes, with BJP resorting to 46% of the votes.

In the recent developments, Manoj Tiwari met Kumar Vishwas and Sapna Chowdhary convincing them to campaign for BJP.

All seven Lok Sabha seats of the capital will go to polls on May 12, and the result will be announced on May 23.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Improve economy, don’t create circus, Priyanka tells govt (Lead – Correcting name in intro)

New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday slammed Union Railway and Commerce Minister...

Hope Dada gets support from those who are congratulating him: Gambhir

New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Former teammates have come out and congratulated Sourav Ganguly after he was selected as the next President of the...

Tesla to start building cars in China: Report

San Francisco, Oct 19 (IANS) Electric Vehicle (EV) maker Tesla has got an approval to manufacture cars in China and the company is building...

Improve economy, don’t create circus, Priyanka tells govt

New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday slammed Union Railway and Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal for undermining the...

Jio’s move of passing IUC charges to customers puzzling: Kotak

Mumbai, Oct 19 (IANS) A recent Kotak report has viewed Jios decision to pass on the IUC (Interconnect Usage Charges) to its customers as...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This