Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now days away, the Indian National Congress on Monday released its 11th list of 5 Candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls. Out of the total 5 Candidates, the party named two each for Goa and Chhattisgarh and one from Daman and Diu.
— ANI (@ANI) March 25, 2019
The party in its 11th list named Pratima Chandrakar from Durg Lok Sabha Seat of Chhattisgarh among others. The Congress Central Election Committee further finalized the names of :
- Jyotsna Mahant from Korba Parliamentary Seat
- Pratima Chandrakar from Durg
- Girish Chodankar from North Goa
- Francisco Sardinha from South Goa
Daman and Diu
- Ketal Patel from the lone seat of UT
Apart from this Congress Central Election Committee also approved the candidature of Krishna Byre Gowda for the upcoming
#LokSabhaElection2019 from Bengaluru North parliamentary constituency of Karnataka.
With the 11th lists, Congress has now released a total of 262 Candidates. In the second list, Party has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat while in Uttar Pradesh Party Chief Raj Babbar has been in fray from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Elections. Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Election Commission had on March 10 declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: NCP announces 40 Star Campaigners; names Sharad Pawar, Shankarsinh Vaghela, Others
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Congress replaces Rashid Alvi with Sachin Choudhary from Amroha Seat
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Mulayam Singh Yadav, Jaya Bachchan among others in Samajwadi Party’s Star Campaigners List