The Indian National Congress on Saturday released its another list of 18 Candidates for the mega battle of ballots. The Rahul Gandhi-led party in the list named six Candidates from Haryana, three from Madhya Pradesh and 9 from Uttar Pradesh where the party is contesting on 73 seats leaving seven for the Mahagathbandhan.
The Party’s central election Committee named Kumari Selja to contest from Ambala (Haryana) and Deepender Singh Hooda to contest from Rohtak (Haryana). Apart from these names, Following are the names announced by the party in its latest list.
Congress releases list of 18 candidates from Haryana (6), Madhya Pradesh (3) & Uttar Pradesh (9). Kumari Selja to contest from Ambala (Haryana) & Deepender Singh Hooda to contest from Rohtak (Haryana). #LokSabhaElections2019 pic.twitter.com/7rFRKUEsyO
— ANI (@ANI) April 13, 2019
- Kumari Selja from Ambala SC
- Ashok Tanwar from Sirsa SC
- Deepender Singh Hooda from Rohtak
- Shruti Chaudhary from Bhiwani-Mahendragarh
- Captain Ajay Singh Yadav from Gurgaon
- Lalit Nagar from Faridabad
- Dewasish Jararia from Bhind SC
- Ashok Singh from Gwalior
- Dinesh Girwal from Dhar ST
- RK Chaudhary (In place of Ramashankar Bhargava) from Mohanalalganj SC
- Ummed Singh Nishad from Ambedkar Nagar
- Krishna Patel from Gonda
- Raj Kishore Singh from Basti
- Rajesh Mishra from Salempur
- Devrata Mishra from Jaunpur
- Ajit Pratap Kushwaha from Ghazipur
- Shiv Kanya Kushwaha from Chanduali
- Rama Kant Yadav from Bhadohi
With this list, the party has so far released the names of Candidates on 400 Parliamentary Seats.
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Apart from this, the Congress President will also contest from Wayanad Lok Sabha Seat in Kerela.
Lok Sabha Polls 2019 has already begun and 91 constituencies across 20 Staes and UTs have voted on April 11 as a part of Phase-I of Voting. General Elections 2019 would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Congress fields Jyotiraditya Scindia from Guna, Manish Tewari from Anandpur Sahib in the new list
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) to back BJP in Haryana; announces not to contest for ‘Larger Goal’
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Former Union Minister Krishna Tirath rejoins Congress after 4 years