Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now weeks away, the Indian National Congress on Thursday released its first list of 15 Candidates. Out of the total 15 names released, 11 from Uttar Pradesh to take on BJP and SP–BSP tie-up, while 4 from Narendra Modi’s Bastion, Gujarat.
Congress maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
The Congress Central Election Committee further finalized the names of :
- Congress Staunch Leader Salman Khurshid from his bastion Farrukhabad
- Imran Masood from Saharanpur
- Saleem Iqbal Shervani from Badaun
- Jitin Prasad from Dhaurahra
- Annu Tandon from Unnao
- Rajaram Pal from Akbarpur (Kanpur Dehat Seat)
- Brij Lal Khabri from Jalaun (SC Reserved Seat)
- Nirmal Khatri from Faizabad Lok Sabha Seat
- RPN Singh from Kushinagar
- Raju Parmar from Ahmedabad West (SC)
- Bharatsinh M Solanki from Anand
- Prashant Patel from Vadodara
- Ranjit Mohansinh Rathwa from Chhota Udaipur (ST)
Announcement of first list of candidates selected by Congress Central Election Committee for the ensuing Lok Sabha elections. pic.twitter.com/FEzssyx3uV
— Congress (@INCIndia) March 7, 2019
In Uttar Pradesh, Congress has not only to fight BJP but also have to take on BSP-SP alliance. While Gujarat will have BJP – Congress battle.
Earlier on February 24, Intensifying its hunt to outdo Opposition in Uttar Pradesh, Congress on Sunday appointed its campaign committee, election strategy, and planning committee, coordination committee, manifesto committee, and media and publicity committee as part of its poll preparations.
While on another hand, After being dropped from Samajwadi Party – Bahujan Samaj PartyAlliance, Congress has intensified its mission Uttar Pradesh. Congress President Rahul Gandhi had appointed his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and general secretary in-charge of eastern Uttar Pradesh and party MP Jyotiraditya Scindia as that of Western Uttar Pradesh to galvanize party’s poll preparations in the state that sends 80 MPs to Lok Sabha.
The Election Commission is expected to announce the Dates of General Elections 2019 very soon as per sources the poll panel is in its final stage of preparations. The General Elections are expected to take place in 6th-7th rounds of polling.